New York's Secrets

Days went by and the plane had landed, Lyric closes her book, nudging Ace her her elbow.

"We're here sleepyhead." Lyric says calmly. Ace stands up. L8yric grabs her stuff, following Ace off the plane.

As they walk into the street, Ace hands her a jacket, his earbuds still in his ears. Lyric looks up at him.

"Ace? Don't we need to find a bus?"

Ace shook his head. "Let's wait here."

Lyric sat on the bench next to him.

"What are you listening to?" Lyric asks.

"Travis Barker, Out Of Control."

Lyric nods. "Song suits you."

Ace chuckles, he puts on his shades, handing Lyric some.

"You'll need this to avoid paparazzi." He said.

"Remember I'm Alexander's son that he hasn't seen in years, of course media's gonna freak."

Lyric nods, putting on her shades and scrolling down her phone, texting Naomi that she had made it safely.

Carson hung up his phone. "They'll be here shortly."

Lyric knits her eyebrows. Ace rubs his thumb over her knuckles to relax her. This was something Lyric had done to make Ace calm down whenever he was angry.

After two minutes, a limo pops up, Lyric turns to Ace who casually steps inside. Lyric sits next to him.

"You're happy." Ace said.

"I'm in a limo." Lyric said. "Of course I'm happy!"

Ace grins, tuning her out a bit as he was more focused on how happy she looked, the way those slender feisty eyes would light up as they went down the street.

"This is only half of it." Ace says. Lyric looks at him.

"What?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"This, we're going to a plaza motel to get ready, then you'll be getting dressed for the party."

Ace smirks. "Unless you want me to help."

Lyric knits her eyebrows together. "Bye Ace."

"I'm serious." Ace said with a laugh...he's clearly not.

A couple of turns and Ace hopped out, grabbing Lyric's hand, he couldn't stop looking at her.

She nervously grabbed his hand, he looks down to see her slow down behind him as they walk to the front desk.

Lyric looked around, the beige marble floor that shone back. Everything was too elegant for her but it was still beautiful.

Ace slides a golden card against the counter, the woman looks up, a bit shook.

"I don't need this, you've already been booked two rooms."

"It's room 35." She says. Ace nods walking away, Lyric follows him. When they reached the rooms Ace cups her face.

"Listen Lyric, I bought you your clothes." Ace said.

"I hope you like them."

"Ace, I don't deserve this." Lyric said, Ace leans in a bit closer.

"You actually care about me. I can see it." Ace said.

"Of course you do...if anything I don't deserve you." Ace said, Lyric felt the heat rush up to her cheeks, she nods.

"Okay Ace...I didn't want to sound like a gold digger." She said.

"You're far from one."

Lyric smiles, kissing his cheek. Ace frowns.