Hands Off The Trigger

Lyric had sat down, watching Ember getting patched up. She saw Ember's tattoo coated in blood.

"Damn Travis..." Ember grunts as the man presses his fingers on her shoulder.

"Where's Morgan?" Ember asks.

"The hell if I know." Travis grunts.

Lyric awkwardly watches, fumbling with her clothes. She had two pieces of tissue in her nose to hold her bleeding.

"Did Omar tell-"

"I know. I have the guns." He said.

"I'm done." Travis says, standing up.

Ember turns to Lyric. "Hey...how's your nose?"

"I've felt worse." Lyric says.

Ember stands up. "Promise me you won't tell anyone I did this." Ember says.

She walks towards Lyric, pulling her into a hug.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with this bullshit." Ember whispers in her ear.

"Omar didn't want me getting attached to you." Ember says.

"You already did." Travis says over his shoulder.

Ember rolls her eyes.

"You know it's true." Travis says, he holds a glock in his hand.

"I have to teach Lyric how to use this." He says.

"How about I do it?" Ember asks.

"Look-"

"Don't think I didn't see that boner when you looked at Lyric." Ember says, putting her hands on her hips.

"You calm down while I teach her. Besides, I have more experience." Ember says.

"Fine. But that wasn't a boner."

"Whatever old man, you've had enough bonding time with me."

"So sharing is caring." Ember says.

"What?" Lyric asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Sharing is caring?" Ember asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No homo." Ember says quickly.

"Whatever, just move your fatass away from the door, you're blocking the heat."

Ember smirks. "I appreciate the compliment but it's rude to stare."

Ember grabs Lyric's arm, pulling her down the hall, Ember wanted to at least see Lyric smile a bit...even if she didn't understand the pain she went through when Lyric had miscarried.

There was a room with old bottles of beer. Lyric looks at Ember who raises her gun at the bottle.

"Make sure you have your eye on the target." Ember says.

"And keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot." Ember says.

"Breath steady, it's only a thing."

"And make sure you aim right too, if you shoot and miss, you're dead." Ember says.

"Omar taught me to shoot when I was sixteen." Ember explains.

"Lyric...I know you're miserable right now...but this is for your own protection."

Lyric nods, Ember passes the glock to her.

Lyric could feel the weight, in movies and tv shows, people fling these around like they were light as a feather.

Ember watches as Lyric points the gun at the next bottle.