Your Past Is Your Past

Lyric holds a crying Leo, as Diane collapses to her knees, tears down her eyes.

"Omar I'm-"

Lyric's father grabs Diane by her neck, slamming her against the fridge. Lyric rocks Leo as he screamed.

"I....didn't have any other jobs-" Diane tries to say but Omar slaps her.

"Lie to me again bitch, getting a job as a slut was your deepest desire." Lyric squeaks.

"I'm staying with you and your pathetic children and this is how you repay me?! Answer me hoe!!" Omar screams, he lifts Diane up, her feet dangling from the floor.

"Shut the fuck up Lyric." Omar says which made Lyric cry harder.

"I sacrificed my years when I was a teen because you wanted to keep a baby! I outta make Angel stop selling you the powder and the crystal meth!"

"No! I-I need that!!" Diane pleads.

"Then I sleep with whoever I want, and you can't do shit about it. Understand?"

"Y-yes Omar..." Diane says.

"Speak louder." Omar.

"Yes Omar." Diane says. He kisses her roughly. Lyric furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

Diane reeled into her father as jf he was a drug himself, no matter how much it harmed her, she couldn't stop taking it.

Lyric looks over to the woman wearing nothing but a towel.

"Charlese, get in bed." Omar orders, he grabs Diane by her hair, forcing her to look at him.

The woman had dark skin, long braids and a curvy body.

"Sure." The woman says, walking down the hall.

"Go make my money." Omar says.

Diane puts on her trenchcoat over her skimpy clothes then walks out the house and into the rain.

Lyric slowly opens her eyes to see Ace hovering over her, she sits up.

"What happened?" Lyric asks.

"You flipped, and the nurse had to make you something so you could calm down." Ace says.

"Leo?? How is he?!" Lyric asks, sitting up and grabbing the collar of Ace's shirt.

"He's in surgery....but Lyric you need to know something." Ace says.

"Leo was riding with some stranger, the stranger got hit by another car."

"Where is he?! He's about to meet the end of my fucking fists!!!" Lyric yells.

"Calm down, he's dead." Ace said.

Lyric sighs, sitting up.

"Why the hell are you still here?" Lyric asks.

"Lyric I care about Leo too, he was just like me when I was a kid."

"Thanks for taking me here." Lyric says.

"How did you know where this place was?" Lyric asks.

Because I put people here and I'm a psychopath.

"Carson had a girlfriend who caught pneumonia, he panicked as if she caught cancer until we found out she got it from some guy she was banging."

"That's sad." Lyric says.

"It was funny because the doctor was his mom so..."

"Ugh." Lyric says.

The doctor walks out with a clipboard, he massages his forehead.

"Hello Ms. Reid, may I have a word with you?"

"Go ahead, I'll stay here." Ace says, Lyric walks over to him.

"Leo has severe damage to his spinal cord but he isn't paralyzed, but I'm worried about his head, since it took most of the damage." The doctor says.

Lyric takes a deep breath, avoiding the urge to have another breakdown.

"He suffered from a very severe whiplash but he's lucky to survive because that car accident was fatal. We've discovered that he has a minor head trauma." The doctor explains. Lyric's tears run down her cheeks.

"Can I see him?"

"Leo's been asking for you. Just take it easy on him so it won't be too much pressure for the brain." The doctor instructs.

"Thank you." Lyric says.

She walks to Ace. "Come on." She says, grabbing his hand.

"I can't do this alone." Lyric admits.

Lyric covers her mouth as she sees Leo with stitches across his dome, some dried blood stained on his face and many small patches.

Lyric kneels, grabbing his good hand, running her thumb over his knuckles.

"Hey sis." Leo says, Lyric wipes her tears with her thumb.

"My head hurts..." Leo says.

"I'm sorry." Lyric says.

"I am too." Leo says. "When I go-"

"You're not going anywhere." Lyric snaps.

"Lyric we both know.....I can't feel my legs. I can only see out of this eye....and I rather die than to live like this." Leo says.

"Don't talk like that Leo."

"Leo?" Lyric asks. "Leo!!"

The nurses run in, they check his pulse.

"He blacked out, he's losing air!" One nurse yells.

Lyric cries some more, Ace hugs Lyric.

"If this was Carson or Felicity, I would've lost my shit." Ace says.

"I'm about to myself." Lyric says, her voice wavering.

Lyric rests her head on his shoulder, crying, Ace pulls her closer.

Hours went by as Lyric slept on Ace's lap. He just looked down at her.

"You hell Lyric." Ace says.

Ace looks at his phone. Receiving pictures of Adessa, blowing kisses and her giving him that flirty wink.

Adessa and Lyric were two different girls.

Adessa was confident, was willing to do the dangerous things with Ace, she pouts whenever he's pulling pranks on her, she loves dying her hair in spunky colors. She always loved wearing her fishnet stockings.

Lyric however was timid, mature, uptight and very ambitious. She glares at him so much that it became a common thing. She pulled his hair, rolled his eyes when he got cocky, but she had a mysterious past.

Why am I comparing them? I'm still grieving myself.....but I can't fuck around anymore now that I'm becoming a father....

"Hey Ruby, how did the ultrasound go?" He asks.

"That's great." Ace says.

"I'll visit soon but now isn't the time." Ace says, looking down at Lyric in his leather black coat. Her hair strewn messily across her face.

"I'm gonna have to call you later." Ace says.

Ace hangs up, massaging his forehead and he furrows his eyebrows as the lights begin to turn off.