Out In The Open

"No you're not." Ace says, rolling his eyes.

"I do, I have a resting bitch face." Lyric says.

"So? That's what I like about you." Ace says, Lyric rolls her eyes but she wipes her hands in a napkin and puts hand sanitizer in her palms.

"Nice save." Lyric says.

"What did Naomi say about the trip?" Ace asks.

"She's okay with it." Lyric says, her stomach churning a bit as she stretches.

"I have to warn you...my dad is a bit uptight."

"I deal with superficials, gang members and Kai, I'm not afraid." Lyric says.

Ace froze, she's been through so much, he envied her...the fact she was strong physically and mentally. Her normal grumpiness made him comfortable around her.

"But wouldn't it be awkward?" Lyric asks.

"Not when you're here."

"You're forgetting that you're Ace Williams and I'm Lyric Reid."

"Lyric I know you're not the type to go for money and fame." Ace says.

This made Lyric smile, she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and looks at him, her small dimple showing at the side of her mouth.

Ace ran his hand over hers, she looks at him a bit confused...

He leans forward, kissing her. Lyric closes her eyes. She felt his fingers tangle in her long dark hair. She wraps her arms around his neck, his blonde hair curtaining her face.

He tasted like cigarettes. Ace broke away.

He grins at her as she turns a bit red.

"Lyric...I have something to say."

"Then say it." Lyric says, her voice soft.

"I like you." Ace says.

"Well that's obvious." Lyric says.

"I like you too." Lyric admits.

"You're not scared of me are you?" Ace asks.

"I'm not afraid of you Ace." Lyric reassures him.

"I've been famous for having short relationships...but you have my word...I won't do you like those girls."

"Okay Ace, I trust you." Lyric says.

"If you screw me over I will castrate you."

"I believe that." Ace says.

"We have to keep this a secret." Ace says.

"I know." Lyric says.

"Let's go to the Italian pizza parlor." Ace says.

"Consider it a date." Ace says.

He starts driving, Lyric couldn't stop herself from grinning. He really liked her...and she believed it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ace drops Lyric off at Naomi's house, she kisses him on the forehead then gently punched him in the arm.

"See you at school." Lyric says. Ace laughs.

"I look forward to seeing your grumpy  self Oscar Grouch." Ace jokes.

Lyric tugs his hair. "Okay....Big bird." She says, running to the door.

"What did you say?!!" Ace yells.

Lyric reaches inside her pockets for her keys only to get pinned against the  door. Lyric glares.