Prologue

______________

______________

A seven year old boy sat on his mother's lap while she had herself rested on a cushy armchair, the heat radiating from the fireplace keeping their skin warm from the chilly weather.

The lady closed the storybook, placing it on her side while she gently stroked the young boy's hair with her delicate fingers.

"Mom?" The boy looked up at his mother, a clear view of her visible to his crystal blue eyes. "Yes, Shane?"

"Will I find my Cinderella too?"

Shane's mother chuckled, A high-spirited smile dancing on her lips. "Yes Shane, you will find your Cinderella someday."

"Will she lose her slipper too?" Shane questioned in innocence while his eyes gleamed due to the effect of the fire. She shook her head, followed with a titter.

"No, but she will steal your heart before you will even know it."

"But how will I know if it's her?" The boy asked, his innocent stare beaming into his mother.

"You will know it when you meet her." She then placed her hand on the left of his chest, A smile gracing over her lips as she observed the oblivious boy. "Your heart will tell you it."

Shane furrowed his brows in deep contemplation as he stared down onto his small hands. "Mom, I will have to call the cops when I find my Cinderella."

Shane's mother crooked her head to the side, trying to get a better view of the boy's face, curious of what was lingering inside his head. "And why is that?"

"Because she is going to steal my heart and it's not good to steal others things" The boy stated as he looked up again at his mother, his lips pressing into a firm line while his dark brows furrowed.

Shane's mother laughed a bit louder this time, her head tilting back as she shook it in disbelief of what she had just heard.

"Oh dear, you don't call the cops when you find your Cinderella."

Shane sat dumbfound, his eyebrows relaxing and his lips slightly parting it's way in confusion. "Then what do I do Mom?"

"You steal her heart instead."

______________

Thank you for clicking on this book!

If you did enjoy the prologue please don't forget to add the book to your library or reading list so you would know each time I update a chapter.