ch.2

Edited by sadiaslayzpizzas

Dean

I walk into the pack house with a big smile on my face. "Hi, mom," I say as I kiss her cheek and give her a hug. "Hey, Dean you ok?" she says amusement filling her voice. "I'm just wondering why?" I ask confused "well you seem very happy," she says and I laugh. "Well, what's not be happy about I had an amazing day," I say it's true today was amazing "oh really and why is that?" she asks "I met her," I say and her eyes light up "you mean you met your mate, that's wonderful who is she?" she asks and smile even wider. "Her name is Winter and she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She has big hazel eyes and black hair that contrasts perfectly with her pale skin," I stop there knowing I could go on forever about how amazing she is "she’s just perfect," I say. "Well that's wonderful dear I'm happy you found your mate. Now I've got to cook dinner before the rest of the pack gets here," she says shooing me away. I laugh and head up to my room.

"Hey Dean," Jake says walking into my room "I heard you found your mate, dude that's sick, who is it?" he says giving me a high five I smile and laugh at him. "The girl Winter," I say and my heart skips a beat just thinking her. Ugh, I sound like a girl. "Really? Aren't you guys partners on that art project?" he asks with a smirk. "Yeah and?" I ask I mean what's the big deal I'm just gonna be making a wolf statue with her. "Oh well I mean you'll have a lot of time together and you'll get to know her," he says and I nod. "Oh, and I didn't get to tell you this at school but dude your smooth you got her number so fast" I laugh at this because I didn’t think much of it I mean she probably gives her number to lots of people she sees in her life as long term. "I mean how else are we gonna talk" he just nods and walks out well that was a weird way to end a conversation

I wonder what happened to make Winter mute unless she just medically can't talk. You know like something happened to her vocal cords when she was born or a kid. I hope she's ok when I met her she seemed kinda uncomfortable. I wonder if she's suffering, if she is I will do everything in my power to help her.

My phone vibrates in my pocket so I of course pick it up and am surprised to see a text from Winter. Why is she texting me right now not that I'm complaining I happy she’s texting me. It’s a bit strange I don't know I'm probably overthinking I've been told I do that a lot but it's a good thing to overthink sometimes. Being an alpha of a pack means you have to really think things through. I should probably answer her texts.

Winter❤- hey, I was wondering if we could reschedule our meet up. I have to work that day, I forgot.

Me- Yeah that's fine, I guess. When do you want to work on it?

Winter❤- is Sunday ok with you?

Me- yup, what time do you want to meet?

Winter❤- 4:30 still, oh and we never decided where to meet.

Me- is your house ok? I have a bunch of relatives at mine.

Winter❤- yup, I'll see you then, talk to you later

Me- ok, talk to you later, bye.

I wonder where she works. It’s kinda a bummer that I can't see her tomorrow, but if she has to work then she has work, I can't just say skip work.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

 "Dean Dinner’s ready!" my mom yells waking me. I didn't even know I had fallen asleep. Well, I needed it, I didn't sleep much last night. My dreams were full of nightmares of that day. Being a wolf heightened the emotional trauma I got but I still would be messed up even if I wasn't a werewolf, it wasn't something you get over. "Dean if you want food, get your butt down here," my mom yells again but thinking about that day made me lose my appetite. "I'm fine I'll eat something later" I yell back so she won't barge in here or worry about me. She worries too much being the Luna, till I convince my mate to join the pack. I wonder who her mate would have been. I feel bad for her, living with a hole in her chest, you only get one mate after all.

I looked over at my bedside clock and sighed, I'd been stuck in my head thinking about her and that day for the last 4 hours. I need to get a handle on my thoughts before I go crazy. That can't happen again. Last time I got stuck in my head, I regretted it and always will. That was a time when I wouldn't be trusted to handle keeping the pack out of harm’s way because I couldn't do it for myself. I couldn't save myself from myself so father said that if I didn't get my act together he would have sent me away for a while. That was the day I started to hide my true emotions. Now all you ever see me is angry, stressed, or happy. Never can I let them know I really feel depressed, unsure, and defeated.

I really need to go to sleep but I can't. I change into a black wife-beater and some basketball shorts and decide to go out of the woods. Once I get there I take my clothes off, so I have something to wear home, and shift into my black wolf. This is what I always do when I have too much on my mind or am thinking about her too much. I stop running when I catch the familiar scent of roses. ‘What's my Winter doing out in the woods at this hour?’ I think to myself I see her leaning against a tree with her head resting on her knees. I hear her sniffle and my wolf whimpers when I notice she's crying. I walk towards her cautiously not knowing how she'll react to a wolf just walking up to her.

She slowly lifts her head up probably feeling my presence and smiles slightly. She moves her hand in a come here motion and smiles nicely and I smiled at her because even though she was with a wolf she was still being nice most people would have run. I walk over and lay next to her with my head resting on her lap. I felt the shiver that ran through me as we touched and I know she felt it too because her shoulders shake slightly. She leans on me curling up right next to me on a patch of grass. A sound came from behind us and she lifted her and looked around for a moment. It wound up just being bunny but she still got scared and it was honestly the cutest thing I had ever seen. I think I'm going to learn sign language for her so we can talk, I’m a fast learner if I want to be, once I get home that's what I'll do after I nap of course. I nuzzle my head more into her shoulder and a smile finds her face again. I love it when she smiles I mean really smiles not that stuff she does for show. You tend to know how to tell the difference after seeing the same fake smile on yourself. I would use our mate bond but somehow she already knows how to block her thoughts from me without even knowing what's she's doing.

We sat there for a few hours just sort of laying there. After a few minutes, she started yawning and I realized she must be tired, now that I think about it I'm pretty tired too. She stands up sadly and makes a gesture of having to leave and I nodded with a whimper. She then makes a gesture as if to say I'll see again and I let out a happy yip and she smiled. She waved while walking to wherever she lived I also got up and walked back to where I put my clothes and shifted back and put them on walking the rest of the way home before finally falling asleep. For once I didn't have a nightmare about that day. I dreamt of Winter.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

 Thanks for reading it means a lot I hope you liked it

 Don’t forget to

 Comment

 &

 Vote

 Dean is played by Tony Perry

Have a good day or night

 ❤❤❤❤