Ch.32

Dean

I lay awake sitting in the darkness of Winters room staring at the ceiling. Its become a habit of mine now that my dad is back and staying for a while. My nightmares have gotten worse and I've been to paranoid to sleep with him there. Just because he hasn't became physical yet doesn't mean he won't. I know its pathetic but my dad is one of few things that truly scare me, along with losing Winter.

Even though I have Winters cold body curled into me I can't sleep. My head is spinning and Ace is irrated by those people from earlier. Im pretty angry to but Ace is worse because they threatening to put their hand on Whats 'his'. When that one guy put his hand I was seeing red I let my wolf take over from there. I was not all there until after all the guys were on the floor I don't even really know what I did. Whenever I let Ace take over I go into my head literally and it feels like im watching someone else.

Finally as the sun rises my eyes droop and I fall into darkness and into a different reality. A reality I never want to go to again...

"Dad no please don't hurt her she didn't do anything" I scream out to guy who claims the to be my dad. "Well maybe not but you did you killed your mom so know I'll kill your mate. Maybe you'll understand what im feeling" he stops to think for a second before continuing. "Actually I think your to weak to with stand losing your mate you'll probably die within a week" He lifts the gun to her temple as she sobs. "Please don't kill her take me I'll do whatever you want" I plead he can't kill my Winter. "Sorry its a little late for that" he laughs sadistically.

I knew he got violent after mom died but I didn't know he would go this far. Has he killed before? He seems to calm for someone whose holding a gun at an innocent person. 'Please Dean help me' she screams out in our link. Tears fall down my face and all im able to is shake. This isn't happening. "Please dad I beg you don't hurt her I love her" my voice cracks as I try to hold back a sob. "How pitiful you think that will make me change my mind" he laughs. He sets his fingers right then smirk at Winter. "Any last words... Oh wait you don't have any word".

BANG!

My ears ring as I fall to my knees. "Winter no. Why?" I ask no one as I have no one. My dad leaves kicking her lifeless body towards me. I thought I knew what dead people looked like when she almost died but I was so wrong. Her skin was pale, her eyes wide but devoid of the normal sparkle that was there no matter what. She didn't look like my Winter. 'Look at what you did tobme Dean' I hear voice breathy almost like its the wind. "Im sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I repeat over and over stroking her hair. 'Maybe your dad was right you are pathic' if my heart wasn't ready broken into pieces then it was now. I am pathic.

...A reality without my Winter.

I wake up covered in sweat and tears and a panicky looking Winter staring me with wide eyes. "Thank god your ok" I say pulling her into my arms and holding her tightly. I was afraid she was slip through and I would wake for real and she would be gone. Forever. 'Are you ok' her voice was soft and calming unlike in the dream. I shake my head there's no point in saying im fine its obvious im not. 'Do you want to talk about it might help' she coasts and I nod knowing it'll be better for me in the long run. I take a deep breath to settle my nerves "I had a dream that my dad... He uh killed you and t-then you came back and said th-at you agreed that I was path-ic. Winter you were gone I watches my dad shoot you" I stutter out trying to keep he rest of my tears in. She doesn't say anything just hugs me tighter. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you" I say into be shoulder. 'I'm not going anywhere Dean at least not anytime soon' she says reassuringly. I nod trying to believe what she's saying but that dream felt so real my ears are still ringing.

I don't understand why I would have that dream its so different from my normal nightmares. Normally my dreams are about my dad coming back and being the same way he was when I was young. Sure I've had dreams of Winter dying but not like that. I only time I dreamed that was when she was in the hospital because her suicide attempt. I almost lost her then. I understand why it was my dad in the dream in a way I guess, I just don't understand why it felt real. Maybe its just stress, or that I was thinking about it a lot lately.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Winter suggested that we do something to get my mind off the nightmare and that school would be to much today, so here we are in our spot with a picnic basket. It was midday and since it was still winter everything was grey and mellow. I liked it the sceanary fit my mood and help to calm us both down. The sun was out but the rays of light weren't as bright as usual making it appear latter then it was. 'What are you thinking about' Winter asks softly in my head. "The view its one of the reasons I love winter its so beautiful and calming" I reply in an equally as soft voice.

'What else do you like about winter' she asks probably to keep my mind off of the depressing thoughts that are sure to come. "I like how no matter how you're feeling it seems yo calm you down. The way how its quite until the rain comes. I love the rain, just to listen to fall as you draw or do nothing." I talk about all the different things I like about winter sometimes branching off to different things. Winter listens like im telling an interesting story which encourages me to continue. 'You know when you talk about things you love your eyes brighten and get this far off look on you face and that's what I love' she says making me smile. "I do?" I question unawear of this little fact about myself.
'You do' she nods before leaning against me as we lapse into a comfortable silence.

After awhile the silence becomes deafening as my thoughts creep in. What if this really is a dream and Winter did die? I mean how would I know, time is different in dreams. "Winter is this a dream are you really gone" I ask and she looks at me in confusion. 'This is real Dean' she put her index finger to my temple before continuing 'whatever's going on in there isn't' she says. Of course obviously she wouldn't tell me if I was dreaming. I pinch the skin on my wrist to see if im dreaming. It hurt. But if I was expecting it to hurt then wouldn't it in a dream?

I'm starting to sound crazy. Do I seem crazy? Who am I talking to? The only one here is Winter so why do I feel like im being watched. Dean you need to calm down or you're gonna have a panic attack. Ace you wouldn't lie to me, right? No I would never betray you like that. Then am I dreaming? Is Winter really gone? No Dean you're awake and Winter is fine and breathing please calm down. Ok. I take a deep a breathe to settle my nerves. Im not dreaming this is real. I repeat this mantra over again and over in my head.

'Dean are you ok' the concern was effident if not in her voice then her face. She spoke softly now but because of the environment but to keep me calm. "Yeah im fine now sorry if I scared you." am I really though. I don't feel fine and im having trouble convincing myself that this isn't a dream. Would you call that fine? 'Are you sure you seem scared do you wanna go home' she asks placing her hand on my shoulder. The tingles that erupt are it takes to pull me back down to earth and away from the dizziness of my head. "No no im fine for real this time thanks" I don't know what that was about but its not the first time its happened. The first time it happened I was really young so I didn't think much of it just thought it was my imagination. This is the second time its happened and im to old to have an imagination so strong I think im dreaming.

There's got to be something wrong with me. Right?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it. What do you think is wrong with Dean? Is it because of the dream or is there a deeper issue with him?

          Don't forget to
               Comment
                     &
                  Vote

have a good day or night