ch. 14

Winter

The entire car ride to Dean's house was tense like once we got into car the mood completely changed from lovey-dovey sillyness to seriousness. I understand a little because I'm nervous to meet his dad I've meet his mom maybe not I the best of ways but I have and sadly she won't be here, but I don't know why Dean's so tense. Maybe I'm making him tense because I'm so nervous. "We're here and before we go in I want you know I love you a lot and I don't know what I'd do without you ok" he ask looking scared and nervous I nod. ' and I love you ' I say and he leans in and kisses me on the lips. Just like our first kiss Sparks fly as our lips move in sinc and I feel like I'm on cloud nine. We pull away breathlessly and just stare into each other's eyes memorising each other's face before getting out of the car and going I to the house. " Father I'm home I brought Winter"Dean shouts as we get in even shouting he almost sounds hesitant. "Ok good morning son" a ruff stern voice calls from the living room "Good morning father " Dean says as we walk into the living room. Dean's dad is laying on the couch in a pair of jeans and a black tank top. He looks a little like an older Dean but not very much just in the face structure and eyes. Thinking back his mom looks nothing like him. "Nice to meet you Winter I'm Dean's dad" he looks and sounds so intimating that I sorta shrink into Dean's side and wave. "Well you already know this is Winter I hope it's ok that she comes today she has the weekend off so we wanted to hang out" Dean says and I nod. "That's fine" his dad says before looking over to me ' Nice to meet you ' I sign and he just gives me a confused look. I guess he doesn't know sign language. "Oh yeah I forgot to mention Winter is mute she doesn't talk and uses sign language or writes to communicate" Dean says nervously. His dad nods and we head up to Dean's room as it seems the conversation is over.

Once we get into Dean's room he visibly relaxes there has to something going on or maybe im just uncomfortable around guys because of Josh and I was making  Dean nervous I mean why he be uncomfortable around his dad. ' I'm sorry was I making you nervous ' I ask through the mind link and he shakes his head. "No it's not your fault me and my Dad...we uh don't get along very well" he says but I can tell there's more to it by the hesitance in his voice. I should leave it though I don't want to pry where I'm not wanted you know. "Do you wanna watch some movies" he asks his eyes lighting up probably thinking of what movies to put on I nod and smile too. We go and lay down on his bed and watch a bunch of Disney movies because we're children at heart. After a few movies I fall asleep cuddled up in Dean's side enjoying the comfort of his arms and the peacefulness of everything. Of course that peacefulness is short lived as I have nightmare amazing right to wake up covered in sweat unable to breath. "Winter are you ok" Dean asks worriedly sleep leaking from his deep voice. I nod not wanting to worry him and curl up closer to him breathing in his sent to and relishing his the warmth of his body. Eventually I calm down and fall back to sleep thankfully it's dreamless.

The next time I wake up Dean is absent mindedly playing with my hair while doing something his phone. It's nice to wake up calm instead panicking because of stuff that I can't get over because I'm to much of a pathetic person. "Good afternoon beautiful" he says when he notices I'm awake ' Good afternoon what time is it ' I ask and he looks down at his phone. "It's 2pm we slept for about 3 hours" he says and I nod how did we do that I mean we both went to sleep last night so it's not like we didn't sleep but recently I've been tired all time. Like waking up and getting ready have started to take up a lot of energy. I guess my depression is getting to that point again. "Are you hungry" Dean asks and I nod even though I'm not and I'm to fat to eat I have to so Dean won't worry. His lit up suprise and he jumps off the bed and into the kitchen before coming back with grilled cheese and soup. It smells good but the thought of eating makes my stomach churn he hands it to me and I fake a smile and bring it up to my lips. Do it for Dean I think to myself as I chew the bite and  swallow. It tastes bland in my mouth even though I know it has flavor. It's just not there and that's what confuses me I end up eating  about half of it before I can't take it any longer and push the plate aside. I walk into the bathroom in hallway and just look at myself something that I really shouldn't do.