ch.18

Winter

Waking up was hard. Shattering the place where live calm and perfect a world where my parents are alive and me Pete are blood, Dean and I are happy. A world without all the problems that society has. It's hard to believe how many people throw a blind eye at how life works now. Somebody sees someone is hurt, crying, or is depressed they say to stop being a baby, or man up, and just don't do anything. Now I'm not saying everyone is like but still majority rules. When Dean Alarm goes off letting us know we have to get up and go to school he for once wakes up first. I on the other hand stay asleep locked in my world without fear of what's around the corner. I don't know if he tried to wake me up and I just didn't or if he decided to leave me, but when I woke up it was around 10am and he was gone. Probably at school since today is Thursday. I look over to where he would have been laying and a see a note written in his hand writing. 'Went to school you looked like you needed to sleep see you soon. I love you -Dean' . He had written it on a bright blue a sticky note but still taped it to the pillow in the end. I smile thinking about him carefully taping the note so I would see it. I sigh thinking back to dream I had it was easily the best dream I've ever had. Then again it's not that hard to be labeled best dream in my head. Even as a little girl I would have nightmares not as vivid as they are now, they were simple like a fire starting in the kitchen or something. I don't know why I was scared a fire would happen I had never been in one or at least not that I can remember that is. Yet for some reason as a little girl I was always paranoid a fire would start. 

I get up deciding I should probably start my day instead of sitting bed all day as appealing as it sounds I can't. I've got stuff to do I need to check in work though first. Since I was in the hospital I obviously couldn't go but I don't know if they know. Honestly I don't even know I still have the job I haven't been the most reliable. Still I get ready and walk over to I HOPE it's not that far I feel like walking for some reason. As soon as I get there I'm pretty much tackled in a hug from Jake "Oh my God your alive thank God" he says and I laugh returning his hug. "Dean called saying you were in the hospital again and I was so worried he said you were fine but still" he takes a deep breath and I smile. ' So then the boss understands why I wasn't at work ' I sign with a hopeful expression and he just gives me look. "Of course she understands she was just worried as I was" his look pretty much says 'are you crazy'. I sigh in relive thank God. "But When Dean called he also said that if you came by earlier then a week after he called that I'm supposed to send you back home and called like 2 days ago" Jake says and I nod. 'But I feel bad about being gone so much' I sign and he laughs. "If you were in the hospital our only concern is that your ok we're like family here" he says giving me another hug. He's not lying we are like a family here or at least the kitchen staff is they haven't hired or fired anyone since I got the job unless they were a waitress. When I got the job they said that pretty much they only way to get out of working there was to wait because they don't like firing people. Everyone in the kitchen is nice and nobody ever really has a problem so there isn't a reason to quit. "Now go home and get some rest ok I'll see you in a few days" he says and practically pushes me out the door. 

I start walking but not home I walk to woods and sit in the clearing where I always go, but this not just to think. For some reason today I really just want to be outside particularly the woods  I don't really know why but who cares. I sit at the tree I always sit by and for once admire my surroundings. The grass and flowers are starting to die because winters is coming around the corner. Winter is my favorite season and not because it's my name. I like it because it's like a new beginning all of the plants die expect for a few and then they grow back in the spring. None of the plants grow back the same and that's just how it is, a new beginning. I stand up and head back to my place and send a text to Dean letting him know where I am in case he freaks out. Once I'm home I sit on the couch and watch some supernatural I really need to catch up with all of the time I'm spending at the hospital.