Ch.40

Winter

A rush of feelings hit me as I wake up, feelings of love and contentment swarm around. Soft finger tips rub circles around my arm leaving trails of sparks. I let out a soft sigh of peace as I open my eyes. Bright light floods my vision the same as the feelings before. Once my eyes adjust I see the bright green eyes of the love of my life. As we stare into each others eyes I notice all the different shades of blue that make up his eyes. I see all the emotions and the stories untold by him. The rawness of the moment both scares me and makes my heart swell.

Birds chirp softly in the background and a feeling of peace surrounds us. Our eyes don't break contact until he looks down at my neck where his mark was. "Does it hurt" he asks in a half whisper. 'No' I reply moving my hand up to touch it. I could feel the imprint of his teeth in my neck but it didn't hurt. If anything touching gave me a sense of pride. His mark means that any wolf passing by will know im his and he's mine. It means that he's not ashamed of me being his mate and he's serious about me. I know we've been together for a while but still I get worried that he doesn't really like me. He could do so much better then me.

"Hey your wonderful Whinne and gorgeous, and selfless, and the only girl I want" Deans says seriously making me smile. The thought of not being good enough for him disappears, and is replaced by how much we love each other. 'You know we need to get up Im meeting the pack today' I say. Even if I want stay cuddled up with him I also want to meet the pack. "I know" he says so I start to get up but as soon as me feet touch im pulled back into him. "I didn't say now" he says with a floppy smile on his face. Then a few seconds later once I've relaxed back into him he gets up.

'Hey what are you doing' I pout at him as he smirks. "Didn't you say we had to get up" he asks cheekily walking over to his dresser. 'I didn't say now' I tell him quoting him from earlier. "As nice as it sounds to stay in bed with my beautiful girlfriend, youre right we gotta get up" he says pulling out a shirt. 'I guess you're right' I reply in fake disappointment. "Well im gonna go take a shower I'll be out in few make yourself at home" he says walking into his connected bathroom.

I stay in his bed for a few minutes before I start to get restless and decide go explore. As soon as I walk out though I see the one and only Mr. Whitestone. He looks right at me before inhaling a deep breath. "I see my worthless son finally marked you" he sneers. I just ignore him not sure of what to do. "I really don't see why my son is so serious about a pathic little mut like you, he's an alpha he can have whoever he wants" his words back my previous thoughts. I'm really not good enough for him. "But you wanna know a few things that I like about, one, you don't argue or even talk at all, two, you have a very nice body" his eyes trail along my body lingering in some places.

I try to walk away but my legs stay planted on the floor. Memories f Josh flash through my head. All the times he commented on my body all the crude words he call me. Before I know it he's pushed me up against the wall. "Maybe that's why my son likes you so much, I know I do" he whispers in my ear. I finally snap out of it and try to push him away but im not strong enough. Im never strong enough physically and mentally. "Is that all you've got" hiss voice was a low his in my ear. I try again and again and it doesn't work.

Then I remember something Snow had said before when she was talking about my ability's, find you limit and break past it. Well its obvious I know my strength limit but how much can I break. I try to push him off again.. And I fail. "Its not gonna work" he smirks. "You're not strong enough". Time to try again, to show him he's wrong. I can break through the limit, I have to. This time when I push him it actually works thankfully.

I take off back to Deans room to see a very worried Dean trying to put a shirt on. "Winter are you ok?" he asks forgetting the shirt and wrapping me in his arms. I look at him confused why would he be worried about. I couldn't of seemed that off to him already. "Why were you so scared a few minutes ago" he asks me rubbing his hand up and down my spin. I flash him a confused face and he explains how now that he's marked me our emotions are shared. Whatever I feel he feels and whatever he feels I feel.