ch.4

Edited by sadiaslayzpizzas

Winter

I'm in a forest and I'm running. All I can do is run. I'm completely defenseless, I don't have a way to protect myself and don't know who is chasing me. "I'm gonna get you, better run sweet little pet," a familiar voice shouts after me. I freeze, that's his voice. He can't get me, please don't let him get me. I realize I should start running again before he catches me and I run faster than I ever have before in my life. I wake up covered I sweat and breathing heavily. Suddenly I can't breathe at all and I'm gasping for air. A panic attack, I haven't had one in almost a month. "Breath sweetheart it will be ok," a voice says in my head the voice sounds kinda like Deans but then again whenever I have panic attacks my head plays tricks on me. "Come on you can do it, breath. In. Out," the voice says and I nod following its directions. It may be the crazy voice in my head that sounds an awful lot like Dean but this is some good advice.

Once my breathing is back to normal the voice disappears. I mean I wasn't expecting it to stay it was obviously just my mind playing tricks on me. It was still weird how it sounded just like Dean but then again somehow even though I've only known him for 3 days I kinda trust him and that's weird. Ever since that night I've had really bad trust issues. I never even had a good foster home after that I got that nickname so many good foster homes didn't want me. The only ones that would take me would last a few months but they did the same thing as the last. Maybe that's why I can't get over it, it only just stopped a few months ago.

I look down at my phone to see that its 3 in the morning I get up and change into some jeans and a sweater and decide to go to the forest again. Maybe I'll see the wolf again. When the thought crosses my mind a big smile breaks out on my face. I leave my house and walk out to the clearing I found yesterday and lean against the same tree. Breathing in the fresh air makes me calmer then I was before I relax for once in my life. For as long as I can remember I've always looked behind me to make sure nobody's there, always checked twice when locking a door, always being on alert for anyone. There was never any peace in my life after my parents died I was always scared my foster parents of the time would die. But then that night came along and I was scared for different reasons.

My sweater sleeve rides up revealing scars upon scars and the tears start falling down my face. I look away and stare at the sky the sun was beginning to rise and it looked beautiful. After a few minutes, I feel the same way I felt yesterday around the wolf and strangely enough around Dean too. I look up and see the wolf and without thinking wave, with the hand, my sleeve fell off of. He whimpers and I quickly pull my sleeve back down to once again cover them. The wolf whimpers again and nuzzles his head into my shoulder while I pet him soothingly. I know he's not a dog and people don't really pet wolves but he seems to like it so I continue.

We end sitting there till 5 am, not that I'm complaining, I don't have work till 11 today considering the library doesn't open till then. I stand and wave at the wolf, he nods while yawning and I head back home while he heads back to wherever in the forest he wants to sleep. As soon as I get home I fall onto my bed and fall into a dreamless sleep. I wake up, what feels like seconds later, to my alarm clock going off and turn to see its 10:30. Once I'm ready I walk to the library and start my shift. All I have to do is organize the books and stuff like that not many people bother me because everyone that goes to the library knows I'm mute.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I got home a few hours ago and was now sitting on the floor in my room thinking through my day, the nightmare more importantly. Why did he have to be in my dream? Why was is it him? The guy who started my torture. The guy who made my life terrible. Why? All of a sudden my phone buzzes and I'm pulled from my thoughts.

Unknown- you can't hide from me my pet

Me- who is this and how did you get my number?

Unknown- you know who it is pet and I can't tell you that

Me- please leave me alone Josh

Unknown- I knew you remembered me pet, I miss you

Me- please just leave me alone

Unknown- I'll leave for now but just remember I will find you, you can't hide forever

But that's just what I plan to do I don't know how he found my number but it scares me. What if he finds me again? What if he does it again? I won't be able to handle it if he comes back? What will I do? Where will I go? I have no one to protect me? He's gonna find me and it will be my breaking point. My phone buzzes again and I'm scared to open it. Afraid it would be him.

Dean🐺- hey get ready, I'm gonna pick you at five

Me- ok, I guess. Where are we going?

Dean🐺- it’s a surprise but dress warmly. Ok?

Me- ok well I'll see you then

Dean🐺- yup see you then

I look down to check the time and see that its 4:30 and quickly get in the shower. Once I'm done I get dressed in a dark blue ‘Pierce the Veil’ hoody and black skinny jeans. Then I straighten my hair and put it in my normal style and look down to see that I still have 5 minutes left. Or not I think as I hear a knock on the door and see Dean's car. I open the door with a smile and am pulled into a big hug causing my entire body to erupt in tingles. "Hey" is all he says when we pull away causing me to smile again and wave. One thing I've realized about hanging out with Dean is that he's the only person who makes a smile. He's so nice and funny and for some reason, I trust him more than I've ever trusted anyone besides my parents. The thing that scares me about this is that I like him and I don't think he'd be able to like someone like me. He's so popular and has his life in check while I'm sitting here on the unstable ground ready to collapse in seconds. But maybe he can look past it maybe he'll be able to see past my past, or my depression and just maybe we can be something. But that being on new fears like getting hurt.

"Are you ok Winter?" I hear someone say but, it doesn't register in my head till I feel my shoulders shaking and see Dean with worry drawn on his face. I nod to him and pull out my phone ' I'm sorry I kinda zoned out. What did you say? ‘I type offering a sheepish smile and I feel my face heat with embarrassment. He just shakes his head and smiles "it's fine I was just asking if you’re ok" he says and I nod. Don't lie you can trust him a voice in my head says and I step back shock. I didn't think that so why did I hear it I'm my head. Then the events of this morning came back where I heard Dean's voice during my panic attack. Maybe I'm going crazy, yeah that's it I'm going crazy. That's not any better though. Without thinking I type   ' is it normal to hear voices that aren't yours in your head ' and show him. He looks at me for a second before answering "what do you mean?" he asks and I regret asking because now I'm going to have to tell him about how I heard his voice in my head. ' well you see I was freaking out a little bit this morning and had a panic attack but don't worry I'm fine but that's not the point, while I was panicking I heard your voice in my head telling me to breath it's weird and crazy I know but I swear I'm telling the truth '. I type quickly scared of how he'll react. "Oh well, I believe you, wanna know why? Because…" he pauses for a second and I nod. ''… it’s because I was talking to you in your head because I can" he says and the only thing on my mind is how.   ‘How can you talk in my head?' I type and he smiles. "Because I'm a werewolf and we're mates," he says. Mates? I've heard of them it’s a werewolf thing. My mom used to tell me stories about werewolves. About how the moon goddess gave every werewolf a mate or a soul mate to help in their life. But they were just stories they can't be real.

•°•°•°•°•°

Thanks for reading it makes my day I hope you enjoyed it and didn't find it to cringe

           Don't forget to

              Comment

                   &

                Vote

Alice is played by some random girl on Google

Have a good day or night