ch.41

Alex

She thinks she understands me. That little brat doesn't know a single thing about me. She only saw their death she didn't see how much I loved Xavier . She didn't see how he betrayed me for that filthy wolf. She doesn't understand the half of it. I had everything I've ever wanted, a nice place to live, safety and most of all I had love. Then he met Kayla and everything fell apart. She thinks she knows what happened but she doesn't. But she will soon... She will remember. Soon she will the whole story.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Winter

Its been almost a week since I met the pack and so far everything has been ok. After explaining my story everyone understood why we didn't say anything at first. These past few days I've been hanging around the pack house more often earning their trust. Alice and Kylie have been very helpful in the talking and meeting people part, which im very thankful for.

The guys have been very busy with the rouge pack lately. They've moved their pack closer more to our borders and its put everyone on edge. A few weeks ago one infiltrated pack grounds and left a note for Dean. Whatever it said left Dean more stressed then he already was. He's convinced that someone isn't who they say are and is determined to find out who.

"Hey Winter, Dean needs you he's going crazy" Jake says urgently making me stand up from the ground quickly. 'What's wrong is he ok' I ask in panic but then Jake laughs. 'You're a jerk I was really worried' I say and he starts laughing. "You should've seen your face that was amazing" he says his face turning red from laughter. "Um well Dean really does want you" he says his laughing dies down to giggles before it completely fades out. 'So why does Dean need me' I ask as we start walking to the pack house. "I don't know he just said to go get you probably just misses you" he shrugs. He's probably right I mean I miss him so I would hope that he misses me.

He doesn't you've already been told love he's more then likely happy to have you gone. He's probably seeing other girls right now. You have to remember he's an alpha he can vet any girl he wants. Dean isn't like that he's a good man and leave me alone Adrian. Your so naive that's exactly what I thought of your dear old dad but that was true then you wouldn't be here would you. I don't know why my dad did that to you but I know Dean would never hurt me like that. Im done having this conversation now leave me alone. I build up the wall and look up to see that we're at our destination.

"Um Winter you ok we've been standing here for the past five minutes"  Jake says worriedly. 'Sorry I zoned out im fine though don't worry' I reassure he doesn't look to convinced but lets it slide probably because he knows Dean will get it out of me. "Ok well have fun but not to much fun or I'll have make sure you never see that crazy boy again" he says joking in a really deep rough voice. I blush and shake my head 'Yes dad, bye now' I say and walk into the house.

'Dean? Jake said you wanted me' I call out in the mind link. A few seconds later a disheveled Dean walks out of the room. 'Gosh baby when did you last take a break' I ask worriedly taking in his appearance. His hair was a mess, he was same clothes he was in when I saw him the day before yesterday, and he had dark bags under his eyes. "Im fine don't worry about me" even his voice sounds tired and achy. 'No your not you need to take a nap and a shower' I say sternly. "I can't take a break I need to find out how the rouge got in and who's helping them" he says weakly.

'Dean I understand you have protect the pack but what good are you to pack if you aren't healthy' I say trying to appeal to his protective side. We both know im right he needs to be healthy in order to fully keep the pack safe. "But..." he trails off knowing what I'm saying is true and nods. 'Now have you eaten' I ask to which he nods, 'Ok good what did you eat' I continue wanting to make sure he's at least been eating well. "Uh I had some chips earlier and before that I think I had some crakers" he replays. 'Dean that doesn't count as food that's sacks now go take a shower and I'll make some food ok' I say worried how long ago earlier was. "Yes mom" he says a slight smile playing at his lips despite how tired he was. I smile as well  'I love you' I add still smiling. "And I love but im gonna go shower before you kill me" he jokes.