ch.50

Third person

The large pack was full of anxious wolves. Nobody's spirits were high on a day like today. The war they had spent the last few months preparing for was here. No longer could they say oh it'll pass it's not real. Nobody knew what time their opponents would strike and it just made it worse.

Winter and Dean sat in private both trying to keep from admitting they were scared. Neither of them wanted to face the fact that one or both of them may not make it through. Though without out saying it the other knew that their feelings were the same. They both also knew that today they would need to appear strong for the rest of the pack. They were leaders and even though they needed to be real with their pack they also needed to radiate courage.

Alice and Max to sat by themselves. Max couldn't even muster a smile to form on his unusually somber face. Alice was worried about what could happen. She wasn't one to be scared but since she was kidnapped everything seemed to scare her. She couldn't get over how easy it was. Max had similar thoughts he didn't spare a single thought for himself they were directed to the girl he would risk his life for.

Jake and Kylie sat like the others away from the other couples. Neither liked being emotional with others watching. They had spent most of their lives being private with their relationship and had only started to be more open with as Winter arrived. Kylie had originally belonged to a rival pack and was scared of what her family would think. Then after years of lying she gave and told her parents. She was thrown out of the house the second they heard whitestone pack and mate in the same sentence. So they sat with each other cuddled up the rest silently repeating how much they loved each other.

Jake had spoken with Alice yesterday both know that they would spend all the time they could today with their mates. They both understood that it wasn't because they didn't like each other but that the worry for their mates would keep them apart. Just as it was keeping the teens of the pack away from their parents as they spent the unknown amount of time with their mate.

Nobody had said goodbye and nobody would either not on a day like this. Goodbye would mean more then anything today. Goodbye wouldn't mean I'll see you soon or tomorrow. It would mean forever. It would really be the final goodbye and nobody was ready for the final goodbye.

The three groups sat so close together but were still so far apart. Each residing in their own private conversation. The word sadness couldn't possibly describe the feeling that was hovering in the pack house. Not just among the three groups but of the whole pack itself the other packs and the rouges included.

Everyone held their breath they could breathe when this was over. When their mate and families were ok- if they were ok.  For as long as they could they would believe they would be ok. For it was they only way they could keep from crying. Everyone would be ok until their dead body lay lifeless on the battleground. As horrible as a thought that was it was the only way they could enough sanity to fight in this war.

A loud buzzing filled the air drawing everyone's attention away from their mates. The buzz wasn't metophorical it it was very much real. Some covered their ears while others cringed at the sound. In the quiet home it seemed unwelcome and was definitely unwanted. Just as soon as the buzzing turned from loud to ear splitting a bright light fills the room.

Winter friend from a whole other world had come just as promised. Rosa stood in all her beauty all dressed in white. What surprised Winter was the abundance of angles behind her also in white and emitting a bright light.

"I figured what with fighting demons you guys could use some angles" Rosa says sheepishly.

"I take it you're Rosa am I right" Dean asks trying to make sense of the girl that just appeared in his living room.