ch.16

Dean

"Come on Dean you need to go home and shower get out of this room your parents are probably worried" Pete says looking at me with a worried expression. He's wrong though my parents aren't worried my mom doesn't know and my father doesn't care. "Come on at least eat you haven't eaten in a week now" he says shoving a muffin in my hands. I haven't eaten, spoke except to the doctors but that's just one word answers to questions or asking if Winters made any progress or to Winter, or left this room since Winter was put here. That was a week ago turns out she fainted from lack of food and blood loss the doctors say she anorexic. I guessed as much but I didn't want it to be true so I never really thought about it but saying it makes it true. Pete's been here to but he goes home and still acts like a human I know it's affecting him too he just deals with it differently. "Come on man talk to me I'm worried about you all you've done this past week is sit in that chair watching Winter your gonna get sick" he's right I probably will get sick but Winter is more important and she's in a coma right now. "I have to get to work call me if anything changes ok"he says and I nod waiting for him to walk out. "Winter love can you hear me the doctors said that talking to you would help but it's not working" I say to Winter in a horse voice. "Please just wake up I can't think straight without you I need you your the only thing that's keeping me alive your my air and I can't breathe without you" I plead with her. "I haven't left I promised I would stay by your side and help you and I'm not breaking that promise" I grab her cold hand and wrap it in my warm one rubbing my thumb over her knuckles. "You've been here for about a week now Pete's really worried he doesn't show it that much but I can tell" I stop and wait for a response you'd think I'd be used to one sided conversations now but I still wait to her voice in my head. Sometimes I can guess how she'd react to what I say but other times I'm left clueless. "Winter why did you do it why did you hurt yourself so bad you had to go to the hospital" I ask the same question I ask everyday and wait painfully for a response that I won't get. "Please wake up I love you Winter so much I need you more then you know I have so much to tell you and I want to know about what goes on your head" I say feeling completely unable to do anything. "You might not know but I'm broken just like you and I need you to help put me back together just like you need me to do the same" I've gotten to point where I say anything that comes to mind but it's still true I've just taken the filter off . "Please just do something to let me know that your ok I love you " I say and then I feel a squeeze it's light and almost feels like it never happened.

I'm probably imagining it I heard if you really want something to happen you can trick yourself into believing it happened. Then it happened again stronger this time and any doubts left. "Winter" I ask and then she opens her eyes and my world starts turning again as I stare into her brown eyes . "Oh Winter you don't know how worried I was about you I need to get a doctor and your brother I can't believe your awake" I say she makes a motion as if to ask for something to write with it's weak but I can see it. I nod and hand her my phone she smiles a thanks and starts typing. "I love you I heard everything you said and I'm sorry" I read the text and a suddenly I'm embarrassed I sounded like a baby I can feel my face heat and I get even more embarrassed at the fact that I'm blushing. " I'm gonna go get the doctor" I say running out and I see her face light up in a smile as she knows I'm only saying this to avoid talking about it. I walk and I try to find doctor Rhodes she was the one who talked to me when I first came here. "Doctor Rhodes it's Winer she awake" I say happily which is a big change to how I was when I first got here. "Really that's great let's go back I need to check on Winter and make sure
everything is ok and that she knows what's going on" she says and we head back to her room. "Good afternoon Ms.Micheals I'm Doctor Rhodes how are you feeling" she asks once we walk in. Winter gives her a nervous smile and a thumbs up in return she gets a confused look from the doctor probably wondering why she didn't talk. "Oh yeah Winter is mute so she can't answer in spoken words just sign language and classic writing" I say. She nods before checking to make sure everything with Winter ok. "Ok so your probably wondering why your here" Doctor Rhodes says with a smile Winter just nods in return trying to keep it simple. "Ok so you fainted from lack of food and blood loss and you have an eating disorder called anorexia ok sweetheart" she says nicely Winter looks down not meeting our gaze and nods. "So your gonna have to stay here for a week due to suicide watch and then you'll have to see a therapist every other day honey" again Winter nods not looking at up.