ch.3

Edited by sadiaslayzpizzas

Winter

I don't know why but something felt familiar about that wolf but I know there's no way I could have, I'd never met a wolf till today. He seemed nice. I don't know, people always say wolves are dangerous but he was just a big cuddly pillow. I hope I get to see him again, I wonder how he found me? I had woken up with the same nightmare but this time I almost saw who I was running from. Needing to clear my head I do what I always do and go for a walk but the thoughts just wouldn't go away, they went from the dream, to my parents to that night, to them. I just broke down crying. The wolf, though, somehow made me feel better and I'm grateful for that.

"Hey Winter, get you head in the game, you’re gonna burn the pancakes," My coworker Lucas says jokingly but seriously at the same. I quickly apologize in sign language, he had learned some to be able to work in the kitchen with me. "What's on your mind, you seem spaced, you ok?" he asks and I nod taking the pancakes off the burner and plating them how they were ordered and putting them in the window area ringing a bell to let the servers know it’s done. I had been working here long enough for most of the coworkers to pick up on some sign language and for others we use a system. Like when orders are done, I ring the bell, or when they ask what table, I write it down. Just simple stuff but it makes a difference. "Winter your shift’s over, have a good day," My boss Michele says coming into the kitchen. Michele was a nice older lady, I think about 34, she had two kids and they are the most adorable little kids in the world.

I nod and pack my stuff waving a quick bye to the kitchen staff and my boss before leaving. As soon I get home I flop onto the couch and turn on the TV. I'm so tired, after I left the wolf my head started hurting and I didn't have any pain killers nor did I think any place was open at 4 am. So I just laid in bed thinking, which is never good. My stomach grumbles but I ignore it, I already ate today not too long ago. I get up and decide to take a shower when I realize I smell like breakfast and sweat, not a very good combination. I walk into the bathroom and take my clothes off avoiding the mirror, not wanting to look at the scars that littered my wrist, stomach, and thighs from times when I couldn't take it anymore. I know it doesn't help anything but at the same time I honestly thought it did. I honestly thought that being in control of the pain I felt made it better. But in the end, pain is still pain weather is self-inflected or not. I'm not saying I've stopped completely because I slip up a little. Ok maybe a lot, I'm still struggling.

I quickly get in the shower to wash the work off my body. There's something about showering after work or school that I love, it’s like washing away the people and stress of the day. I don't know it's probably just me, I'm weird. I wash up and get out drying up and putting on fresh clothes. I put on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top and sit back on the couch. Pulling out my phone I realize I have 6 notifications on Facebook. I never really had friends on my Facebook, just other foster kids when I moved out, I made a new one so he couldn't find me. I looked and realized it was friend requests from Alice, Sammie, Kylie, Jake, Max, and Dean. Speaking of Dean, I got off work early cause the person supposed to work was only gonna be gone for half of her shift but of course, they didn't tell me that. It's only 1 pm we can still start our project. I opened my messages and find his name and start typing.

Me- hey, I got off early if you still want to work on the project.

Dean🐺- ok sure, send me your address and I'll be there. I'll see you a bit.

Me- ok, see you then!

I sent him my address and then went back to my room to change into something more presentable, I even took my hair out of its messy bun and brushed it out in my normal covering my face 'emo' style. Once I did that I went back to the living room and watched TV. Well, mostly channel surfed until I found supernatural. Oh my god, Dean is so hot and so is Sam, they were both pretty much blessed. I watched like 2 episodes before it stopped playing and moved over to Netflix because you can't watch 2 episodes of demon-killing oh no never.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°

On my 6th episode, I hear a knock at my door and I answer it knowing it’s Dean. I wave and invite him inside sitting back down the couch with him. Whenever we're close I feel tingles shoot through me as cliché as that is. "So let's talk about the details for the wolf. What do you want it to look like?" he asks and I smile thinking about the wolf I saw earlier that day. 'can we make it with long, black, scruffy hair and piercing green eyes with grey paws' I type and show him my phone, he smiles and nods. "That's very specific," he says and I nod. 'I saw a wolf this morning when I was in the woods and he looked like that, probably the nicest wolf I've ever seen and the first one I had seen in real life' I type and he smiles nodding. "Well he does sound like a good looking wolf but what were you doing in the woods in the morning, it had to be about 2 because you said you had worked at 5?" he says a look of concern on his face. How did he remember I had worked at 5? My own foster parents couldn't even remember my birthday. I blush at the fact that he remembered and use my hair to fully cover my face. 'I was just going for a walk because I couldn't sleep' I type. It wasn't a lie, I couldn't sleep but he didn't need to know why. He nods and we continue the project.

After 3 hours of working, we have a sketch of the wolf colored and everything. Now we were just talking and getting to know each other more. Dean’s funny and nice. "So where are your parents, I mean I know you 18 and all but still, you can't be living alone in a house like this already,” He's right, if I was a normal 18-year old, I would have an apartment or still be living with my parents but when they died they left me the house in their will it’s all paid off so I just have to pay the bills. ‘They died ' I type and when I show him I swear I heard a whimper. “Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean... I shouldn't have asked," he says. I shake it off with a fake smile 'it's fine, I was 5 when it happened ' I typed but that doesn't matter, they say time heals all wounds but my wound is 13 years old and still feels like it was yesterday. He gives me a sympathetic smile "just because you were young when it happened doesn't mean it didn't affect you. Is that why you don't talk?" he asks and I shake my head. "Then why not?" he asks ' I don't want to talk about it ' I type and he nods. I'm at war with myself, half of me wants to spill my guts and tell him my life story but the other half wants me not to tell him in fear that he won't look at me or think of me the same way.

"Hey it's fine you don't need to tell me of don't want to," he says with a reassuring smile. But that's the thing, I do want to tell you I think to myself. "You hungry, we can go out someplace?" he asks and I shake my head ' I ate earlier ' I type and he frowns. "How long ago is earlier?" he asks and when I think back it was probably about 4:30 before work I had a bagel. ‘Around 4:30ish but I'm not hungry ' I type but that was a lie, I was a little hungry but I'm too fat to be eating. My foster parents always called me names like ugly or fat after that night. Every single one of them, and eventually I started to believe them. He frowns at me but nods none the less. "Well I should head home my mom’s probably worried I told her I would be back in about 2 hours and I've been here for about 5," he says and my eyes widen had it really been 5 hours? I look down at the phone and sure enough, it was about 8 pm, and he here around 3. We stand up and I lead him to my door I was about to wave a bye but he caught me by surprise and pulled me into a hug causing me to blush. "Um sorry I'm just a hugging kind of person weird I know," he says scratching the back of his neck and I see a bit pink on his ears and cheeks. Awe is he blushing, I pull him in for a hug partly because his hugs were warm and comforting and partly so he wasn't embarrassed. When I let go I waved and he left, overall it was a pretty good day besides the nightmare I had but that's normal now. I take another shower and then put on my pajamas and get to bed to get some well-needed sleep.

•°•°•°•°•°

Thanks for reading sorry if it's bad,

Did you like what happened?

                            Don't forget to

                                Comment

                                       &

                                    Vote

              Have a good day or night
🖤🖤🖤🖤