• to be happy •

Alyssa smiled widely to herself

Alyssa smiled widely to herself. She had just got the result to her Biology test and she'd passes with flying colours. Alyssa's dream was always to become a doctor and help out at other countries where it was harder for them to fight diseases. She knew very well that this wouldn't be possible in the time she had left yet she chose to shy away from the fact. Today, she was going to be happy.

Grinning wildly, she sat down at her usual table, fully content with devouring her lunch by herself. When she was sure that nobody was looking, she slipped the Hula-Hoops crisp on way if her fingers like rings before nibbling them off and laughing to herself.

Her space on the 'loners' table had been reserved for a long time, but she didn't let this puncture her glee. Despite being Winter, the sun was shining bright that day and if the sun could do that in the blitzing cold, so could she. Today, she was going to be happy.

Her eyes unintentionally moved towards the so called 'popular table,' where all the members were laughing and well, having fun. She couldn't resist wishing that she'd been confident enough to show her personality on the very first day of school. That way, she may have been sitting at that table as supposed to thinking about it. Alyssa hated how she couldn't even blame her unattractive looks for it, since she was aware that not all the people there were models. They were all normal people.

Whilst piercing her juice, she noticed how the messy bundle of curls wasn't sitting at the table. A small smile formed on her face.
He's probably in detention or something for his smart mouth.

Just as she was finishing her food, the bench dipped down a little. Alyssa's eyes latched directly down onto her lunch, before slowly moving in the direction of the shadow falling in her.

Immediately, she locked eyes with the pair of jewel tones eyes that she'd grown used to in the past weeks.
"Agh!" Alyssa jumped up in surprise at the sight of him, only to smack the top of her forehead onto the bottom of his chin.

She cursed to herself, thinking of how bad of an impression she was making. This time she forgot to remind herself that his impressions on her shouldn't matter to her anyway.

Wincing, she slowly looked back up, afraid of his reaction. "Woah love, planning on knocking me around already?" William said with a crooked smile before rubbing his chin. "And I thought nobody would dare hurt this pretty face..."

Alyssa flushed red, looking down in embarrassment. God, I must look so stupid. Say something for god's sake. Her eyes widened, as she leant back to look up at him. "Oh- I'm uh s-sorry. I didn't meant to um... I was just a bit surprised and I didn't see you-"

He gave her that full set grin that made her lose herself. Holding up his hand in surrender, he laughed, "It's alright! Don't get yourself in a mess, I was joking."

She smiled to herself, before sipping her coffee. He frowned at her, giving her an odd look. "Why are you alone?" A second alter, a mischievous look twinkled in his eyes. "Don't tell me you're a loner, Al?"

Alyssa forced herself to laugh, "Loner? Of course not! Kiera's got detention." She deserved an award for how naturally she lied.

William let out a dramatic oooh. "Who with?" Alyssa blurred out the first teacher that came to her mind. "Mr Hoode."

William crinkled his eyebrows. He's just come back from Mr Hoode's detention. He was pretty sure that there hadn't been any girls there.

Maybe he had missed her.