• to grin •

"Hey, I'm Alyssa

"Hey, I'm Alyssa. I think we met briefly?" Alyssa said grinning, sticking her hand out to the little blonde. She looked up at Alyssa with her huge blue eyes, dropping her lunchbox in shock. Alyssa smiled before bending down and picking it up for her. Alyssa had always assumed that she was small at 5'3 with the nerd looked even smaller than her. Maybe that was just because Will and Jace were around 6 foot.

"Um, I'm Bri- Brianna," the girl stammered shaking her hand. Alyssa had thought long at night about their encounter a while ago in the toilets and when she accidentally mentioned Will. To stop things from getting awkward, she had decided to just pretend it never happened.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" Alyssa asked her and Brianna nodded at her. She took a seat opposite her. The boys usually sat with her for lunch and if she sat with Brianna, they naturally should follow. Or so she hoped.

Alyssa observed how she had her hair tied neatly in two French plaits, and how her glasses framed her face beautifully. She's really pretty, Alyssa thought to herself. As she took a bite of her lunch, she remembered when she saw William and Brianna sitting with each other one lunch. Curiosity filled her as to what conversation they had. "So-"

She felt two hands on her shoulders and saw messy black hair. "Hey Will," she said, carefully watching Brianna's reaction. Her cheeks tinged red and she quickly began eating her crisp with her head down.
"Hey Al," he replied, sitting down beside her. He looked at Brianna curiously for a few seconds before leaning towards Alyssa and whispering not so quietly, "Why are we sitting here?"

Alyssa elbowed William in the rib, wincing when she hit solid rock before smiling at Brianna. "Oh, Will this is Brianna. Brianna, Will," she said introducing each other even though she was aware that they'd both met. If she was right, Will had mentioned something about her tutoring him?
William smiled at her, "Yeah, I know. She used to tutor me for Chemistry a while ago." Brianna nodded.

Jacob soon joined them sitting next to Brianna. Alyssa sighed to herself, as everyone ate their lunch in a awkward silence. This was not how it was supposed to go. At the moment William and her were sitting on one side whilst Brianna and Jace where on the other. She made a silent note to herself to swap places with Brianna for tomorrow.

The tenseness was actually killing Alyssa yet she promised herself to make it work.