• to beg •

"Can I copy your homework?" William begged her in the school cafe

Alyssa looked over alarmed, "Please don't do puppy eyes again. Haven't I told you that it's disturbing." She felt a slap of me back as Jacob came running over to them. He help up her English book that was on the table.
"What's this?" He asked holding it up, making her roll her eyes.
"My English book," she deadpanned, realising what he was going to ask too.

"Ooh, was there homework? Can I copy?

Alyssa sighed putting her head in her hand. She's become their Maths homework supplier for the past week and it had become almost routine for them to ask this every morning. "You really need to learn how to do homework, you two," she mumbled.

"So is that a yes?" William asked, grinning at her.
Alyssa shrugged her shoulders, "I think it a no." She snorted before smirking when she saw both of their smiles fall. It was time they learnt lesson.

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Nope."

Pretty witty please?"

She laughed tossing William a pen, which he caught with one hand. "Work." Alyssa noticed how Jacob was suspiciously quite and when she looked up she noticed him whispering something to William. Oh God, what now? she wondered.

They stood on the table, catching the attention of almost everyone in the cafe. Alyssa frantically looked around to see, everybody turning around to see what was going on. "Aw she looks scared?" Jacob exclaimed but shut up when Alyssa threw a break roll at his face. They counted down as Alyssa's sunk down into the chair.

"ALYSSA, PLEASE CAN WE COPY YOUR HOMEWORK?"

Silence. Heat rushes to her face as she realised she was the centre of attention. Lifting her head up, she halted at the two of them, hissing for them to get down.

"But can we copy the homework?"

Alyssa took a deep breath before whispering furiously, "Fine but for god's sake, get down before some teacher sees."

-xXx-

It turns out they'd both taken the phrase copy your homework quite literally. For Maths homework, it was fine since there was only one answer but the twits didn't understand that an English Essay on
The Tempest was quite different.

The result? Three of them sitting in detention, all in different corners of the detention room. In the fourth corner was a Year 7, sneaking chocolate out their back. Alyssa held back a laugh. Sitting at the front of the room was Mr Kilian, who had the rule of do what you want as long as I don't hear you talk.

Alyssa watched as William tore a piece of paper out his book and threw it out the Year 7. He looked at William curiously.

"Can I have some chocolate?" he asked giving him the puppy eyes that had horrified Alyssa. Alyssa felt bad for him. The Year 7 frowned at him before flipping him the bird as Alyssa and Jacob burst out laughing at the look of rejection on Will's face. It felt like it had been a long time since she'd laughed like that.

A few moments later, she rested her chin on her hands, feeling exhausted of laughing. She'd probably home watching TV if it weren't for the two behind her.

"Ow, what the hell?!" She winced as she felt something, pummel into her back. Swivelling around, she saw William giving her a sly smile. Dubiously, she opened it.
If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put 'U' and 'I' together.

"Haha, that's hilarious," she deadpanned before grabbing a pen out of her back and scribbling a response. Alyssa threw it back to him. She watched as he clutched his heart, pretending that it hurt.
Jacob coughed before waving his hand in the air too, "Guys, I'm here too. Lemme see." Begrudgingly, William tossed it over to Jacob.

I don't think you need to. 'N' and 'O' are still where they should be.

He snorted before tearing out another paper. "Ooh, I got one!"
And so the chat up line war begun.

Alyssa added the piece of paper that had just been thrown at her, to the other fifteen on her desk. She was running out of comebacks.
Alyssa skimmed the one that Jace had thrown at her, I'd better get a library card, cause I'm checking you out!

Grabbing her biro, she laughed before furiously scribbling down, I'd say you should but I doubt your reading comprehension ability is good enough.

William burst out laughing when he read if first before pelting it at Jacob. He sorely rubbed his arm, "Damn man, that hurt."
His face fell when he read it, causing Alyssa to laugh.

Vaguely she skimmed through a few of the pieces of paper that were left of her desk.

Do you believe in love at first sight or shall I walk by again?
Feel free, just don't stop this time.

Are you from heaven?
Yeah, I definitely died a hundred years ago, just like that line.

Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
I think I just died of a cheese overload, I'm not even going to respond to that. I thought you were the school's Romeo. You should have loads of these up your sleeve.
Yeah but they're not usually smart enough to think of an answer.
I thought you were.
I'm trying.
Try harder. And fail actually. I need to do my work.

There was a little pause until she got a response,
So you think I'm Romeo?
Shut it and work.

Alyssa snorted, tucking her hair behind her ears. She shut her eyes. What was she getting herself into?

That night she ticked of the first box.