• to reconsider •

"You're seriously crazy," Alyssa said to her mother, covering her face with her hands

"You're seriously crazy," Alyssa said to her mother, covering her face with her hands. If any mother had seen their daughter, snuggling up with a boy, they'd be furious but only Alyssa's mother would sneak up on them and take a photo.

"I couldn't help it! You both looked so cute and peaceful, look," her mum answered trying to show her the photo on her phone again. Alyssa had to admit that this was probably the first photo that she didn't look like horrible it but she definitely didn't want to tell her mum that. "Oh and by the way, I too that sweetheart Jacob about it and he told me to send him a copy."

I groaned, removing my hands from my face. "Mum! You can't start messaging my friend like that! I can't believe-" Alyssa gave up, sinking her head into her hands again. Jacob wasn't going to let this go. Her face turned paler as she thought about what Will would think if he saw it.

Alyssa allowed herself to think about last night and this morning. She was falling and she knew it. But what began to worry her was the look in William's eye in the morning. This wasn't supposed to happen. Alyssa knew the moment that she wanted to change that she would fall. She wanted to. However much she disliked admitting it, she knew. But what she didn't expect was for the other person to feel the same. That wasn't supposed to happen.

And although she had been certain that Will was joking when he said that last night, now she wasn't so sure. What if he wasn't? What would she do then? And adding that to how worried the two of them looked when she wasn't in for a few days at school?

Alyssa excused herself and went up to her room. She felt worried about what the effect of her leaving would have on him. Despite the fact that she was pretty sure that he wouldn't care, what if he did? The feeling of guilt loomed over her for not telling them about her illness but she comforted herself with the fact that she didn't need to.

Her thoughts were wizzing all over the place as she reconsidered everything. She had always dreamed of getting close to somebody but that was always where it ended as she. Alyssa assumed that it would never happen. Alyssa groaned as she tried to think of a way to get out of this. She was crazy. First she allowed herself to get to know them and now she was closing her walls?

They reality of this was that she was afraid that she was going to hurt them. Alyssa didn't want to hurt nobody by leaving. She'd always know that they'd be two casualties to her departure, which were her parent, but all she was doing was adding more people to this list and she was sure as hell that that wasn't right. It definitely wasn't.

She had to let him go. Alyssa knew that she loved him enough to let him go. She had to even if there was a chance it would make no difference. Alyssa wasn't prepared to take the risk. Alyssa didn't want to hurt him.

Her eyes hovered over the two things left on her lift.

Make two people fall in love.

To leave, smiling.

Alyssa knew that the last one would happen anyway, but the other? She closed her eyes as she formed a clear image on what she needed to do.

The pieces fitted together.

Alyssa smiled sadly as she found the perfect person to do it on.