• to play •

For the next three days, Alyssa was dragged into making plans to push Brianna and Will closer by Jacob

For the next three days, Alyssa was dragged into making plans to push Brianna and Will closer by Jacob. It was weird for she imagined it to be the other way around. It went from the normal things like separating from them on a tour to the most randomest things like dancing together at a Christmas market.

Alyssa had noticed that the uncertainty that was in Will's eyes originally had faded away a little and she told herself she was glad of it.

-xXx-

They had gone downstairs and had their dinner and were now siting together drinking hot chocolate that Brianna had made for her, playing charades.
"Alyssa, it's your turn!" Brianna shouted before giggling and flopping on her stomach.

Alyssa laughed before standing up. She grabbed a card from the top of the pile. Flipping it over, it read 'Beauty and the Beast.'

"Three, two, one, go!" Will counted down, starting a timer. Alyssa held up 4 fingers signifying the four words, before doing number four again.

She then attempted to act like a beast, which the other three seemed to find utterly hilarious. An hour or two later, they had long forgotten the game and were instead playing the word relationship game.

"Tree," Brianna started.

"Bark," said Will.

"Wood," chipped in Alyssa, thinking fast.

Jacob quickly said, "Paper."

"White."

"Snow."

"Cold."

"Um, pig!," Jacob said randomly, panicking. They laughed, telling him that he was out. They started again, only three of them left.

"Snowflake."

"Ice."

"Water."

"Huh, what? Is it my go?" Brianna said after getting distracted. Alyssa chuckled before sipping her drink.

"Nah," William said sarcastically. Alyssa faltered as she realised that she and Will were the only two left. She gulped before starting the round and saying the first work that came to her mind, "Blue."

"Sky," he replied quickly, looking into her brown eyes. She forced herself to hold his gaze and not waver.

Brianna and Jacob stepped closer, interested in the game. "Birds."

He paused for a second before uttering, "Scary." She snorted, shaking her head wondering how anybody could possibly be scared of birds.
Alyssa thought about how amazing it would be to soar through the sky like one. "Clown."

"Circus."

"Funny."

He smiled to himself before saying, "Mates." From the corner of her eyes, she saw Jacob flick his hair pretending it was longer in length.

"Friendship," she said, thinking about how well she'd got to know Brianna. What Alyssa had gotten to know about her as a person was completely different to what her eyes showed. She was glad that she'd been given an opportunity to see that side of Brianna.

When Alyssa realised that she'd been smiling at the table, she quickly looked up and locked eyes with Will again.

His tousled black hair was messily yet attractively splayed in all directions. The butterflies exploded into creation. Alyssa still loved him. Probably more than she did before. Probably more than her fourteen year old self. And in that moment, the look in his eyes told her all she needed to know.

That look told her that he was feeling the exact same.

"Love," he answered, casually yet Alyssa knew that he was doing it on purpose. He was testing her reaction and Alyssa knew it.

Alyssa looked at him with wide eyes, uncertain. "Uh-" She was being stupid. It was just a game. A stupid little game. He was just playing. He was playing the game as well as her heart. Before she could get her feelings right, Jacob leaped onto Will, saying that he'd won.

Unfortunately, that knocked the chair that William was sitting on over, pushing them both onto the floor. The three of them collapsed into laughter, but Alyssa found herself hooked onto the past.

She looked at the three of them, rolling on the floor for they'd dragged Brianna down with them. Alyssa sighed gratefully.

They hadn't noticed.