• to remember •

Alyssa laughed

Alyssa laughed. For the past 5 minutes, William had been enviously looking at her daisy chain that was ten times the size of his. Whenever she offered help, he'd refuse stating that he was capable.

"For god's sake! I'm awful at this!" He yelled, frustrated. Alyssa smiled to herself as he rubbed his short fingernails.

"Keep trying... I'm sure you'll do it."

She heard him grumble, its fine for you or something in mock anger.

She'd decided that she was going to visit her grandfather after school today and give it to him.

All of a sudden, a football came flying towards Alyssa's face fast. She swatted it away as quickly as she could yet it still tore the daisy chain in half.

"Oh Will, there you are! That Krystal girl... I mean Kirsty. Wait, it might actually by Krystal...?  I don't know. You know the annoying one? Yeah, she was looking for you. You were supposed to meet her in the canteen to carry on what you were doing last night or somin'. Probably eating her face." He laughed at his own joke as if it were the most hilarious thing ever. "I didn't even understand half the words coming out her mouth."

Alyssa looked at the culprit of her broken chain. Muddy gold hair. Blue eyes. Annoying.

Jacob Manroe.

She squeezed her eyes shut, feeling the stab in her heart. Alyssa was very well aware of the fact that he would never be hers so why was she giving herself fake hope? Why was she inviting pain? She wished that she could control her feelings, but even if she did, she didn't have a clue what to do now.

It hurt.

Everything did.

She wasn't sure whether to murder Jacob for bursting her bubble of job or be thankful. She had forgotten that the person whom she had been talking to, was kissing Krystal Juanipa three hours ago.

Calm down. Control yourself.

She was pathetic. What was she expecting? They'd never even spoken to each other for donkeys years? How could she expect anything from him? It would be wrong to. She took a deep breath, choosing to focus on the ripped daisy chain in front of her. It didn't help at all, but instead filled her with grief at how disappointed her grandfather would be. She'd spent so much time and memories building it and for it to be torn just like that?

Alyssa knew she was being overly sentimental but she couldn't help it. It was meant for her grandfather's grave and he just tore it like that.

Why was she sitting here with the two popular of the school? Alyssa didn't deserve to sit there. Alyssa didn't deserve to be seen with them. Alyssa didn't deserve to talk to them.

Alyssa liked being by herself. Alyssa liked having no friends. Alyssa liked studying.

She fed those three lies through her mind again and again until she believed them. Her eyes began to water, as she felt her feet lift her up.

She kept walking in no clear direction. As long as she was far away from them. From everyone. She didn't dare look back until she was sure that she'd strayed too far.

 She didn't dare look back until she was sure that she'd strayed too far