• to knock •

Alyssa had been off school for a week

Alyssa had been off school for a week. She had had constant visits from the doctors daily, to see if she was improving and although she felt better than before, it didn't look good.

When Will and Jace had text her, she'd replied that she had a bad cold but was on antibiotics. Of course she wasnt going to tell them the truth yet.

There was a knock at her door and her mother walked in, "Hey Al, how are you feeling?"
Alyssa rearranged her pillows so that she could see her, "Yeah, m'alright. What happened?"
"Oh, um. Will and Jace are here to see you. Have you told them-"
"No," Alyssa answered curtly. The last thing she wanted right now was for them to find out too.
Her mother nodded slowly before suggesting that she tell them soon. "I'll send them up."

Alyssa frantically unpinned her 100 wishes, hiding it under her bed. When she heard a knock at her door again, she quickly twisted the handle.

Before she could see who it was, she was enveloped in a hug, lifting her off her feet. "Are you alright? How are you feeling?" William asked her, his green eyes searching her brown ones.
"Yeah, I'm alright-" Alyssa didn't get a chance to reply for she was crushed in another hug, this one knocking the air out her lungs. "Oh my god, Daisy! Are you ok? We though you were dead!"

Alyssa chuckled as William jumped on to the top of her bed. "I wrote a list of all the homework that you missed," he said, handing her a piece of paper.

A smile played at her lips, "And I'm assuming this had nothing to do with the fact that you want to copy all off them?"

He froze before gasping and placing a hand over his mouth, "Ehat? Of course not!"
At the same time, Jace replied, "Maybe," making Will glare that him.

-xXx-

"Oh my god! Regina's such a beotch. Isn't it so obvious?" Jace screamed, making Alyssa cover her ears with her hands.
"Can't we just fast forward to the part when she gets hit by a bus?" Will whines, throwing a pillow onto the floor. Alyssa was beginning to regret agreeing to Jace's idea of them all snuggling under the duvet watching Mean Girls.

Both wolf-whistled in sync when they started singing Jingle Bell Rock in those awful outfits. Alyssa glowered at the two of them, catching Will's eye. "Can't you smell something burning, Jace?" Jace paused to sniff the air. "Oh wait, it's just Alyssa." They both smacked their hands together, laughing.
Alyssa went to smack both of them but them she was squished her in a hug, as she frustratedly tried to push them away. "Go away," she groaned but eventually gave in, laughing.

"Aw damn, it's already 6. I've got to go," Jacob said suddenly, before hopping out.
Alyssa stopped him to ask where he's going.
"His mum said they've got a family dinner. Who's a good little boy now?" William said, snorting as him.

"Bye Daisy!" Jace said, waving at her before rushing to Will wrapping him in a hug.
"And I can't forget Little Liam, can I?" William gagged before trying to push him away, but he'd already skipped out the room.

"I'm genuinely scarred," he said palely after Alyssa cooed at him.

-xXx-

Alyssa awoke feeling unusually content. When she tried to get up, she found herself being pinned to the bed by a strong arm carelessly slung over her. Rolling over, she came face to face with William. Alyssa was startled at how perfect he looked even when he was asleep.

"My face that good to look at?" Alyssa's cheeks burnt red and she snuggled under the
duvet to hide them.
She shut her eyes, sighing before nestling up into her pillow. "No actually. I was wondering how it was possible for somebody to be so utterly ugly."

He smiled smugly before inching towards her, making her heart race faster, "Care to repeat that?"

"Nope, I'm good thanks," she replied, laughing as he watched her brown hair flow over the pillow.
"Sure?"
"Mhm, 100%," she replied before realising that her hand was still on his chest. "Whoops, sorry," she mumbled, removing it and turning around.
He threw his head back laughing, nestling his head in the crook of her neck, "God, I love you."

Alyssa knew that he was joking for he was laughing his head off. Rolling her eyes, she lobbed her pillow at him.

 Rolling her eyes, she lobbed her pillow at him