• to replace •

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Brianna asked Alyssa, who was looking at the collection of figures on Brianna's window pane

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Brianna asked Alyssa, who was looking at the collection of figures on Brianna's window pane. One of them reminded Alyssa for some reason of Dopey from Snow White. Brianna lived in a bungalow.
"Aw, this one's cute. Have you got any other ones from Snow-"
"Alyssa?" She questioned, spinning her around. Alyssa chucked before shrugging her shoulders. Brianna had called Alyssa round her house after seeing her perfectly fine, at the local shopping centre.
"Maybe, maybe not."

Brianna shook her head, untying her plait and letting down her hair. It looked a dark blonde at the roots but naturally turned lighter as the tips. How Alyssa wished for those natural highlights. Brianna pretended to be upset with Alyssa and put on a really low pitched voice, "I don't like him like that! I'm disappointed with you, Al."
Alyssa tossed a small teddy that was on Brianna's bed between her hands. "What?! I couldn't help it. You're perfect for each other!" She felt a little sore whilst saying this but she knew that somebody had to replace her in Will's life.

Brianna blushed, covering her face with a pillow. "Oh my days, stop! I'm too ugly, for him. He'd want somebody pretty like, like," she paused for a second and her eyes lit up. "Like you!"

Alyssa avoided the question. Alyssa was ordinary with olive skin, brown hair and brown eyes. The same old story. She was replaceable which was distinctively what she was trying to use to her advantage. Brianna wasn't. "So you do like him?" She questioned annoyingly making Brianna shriek in frustration.

"Well, maybe a little but it doesn't matter!" She said waving her hands, "He just thinks of me as a nerd. God, I have the plaits and glasses." Brianna rolled her eyes from adding, "I even have the braces."

"And the intelligence," Alyssa chipped in making Brianna glare at her. "What? It was a compliment!" She shot her an odd look, "If you don't like it then why don't you stop wearing them? Just let your hair down and wear contacts."

Alyssa knew that despite the fact she was saying these as if they were easy things to do, she knew they were much harder. She patted her hands to a rhythm on Brianna's desk when the doorbell rang. "That's wierd, Mum said she wouldn't be back till late today?" Brianna said to herself.
Curious, Alyssa looked out the window to see William. She almost fell of the bed, "Shit, hide me! It's Will."

"