• to follow •

Alyssa sat crossed legged on the bed, watching the X Factor whilst plaiting Williams hair who was sitting in front of her

Alyssa sat crossed legged on the bed, watching the X Factor whilst plaiting Williams hair who was sitting in front of her. His idea, not hers.

"Ow!" He winced, backing away a little as Alyssa sighed. Jacob scoffed at him before doing a chicken impression.

"What now?" She asked exasperated.

His eyes watered a little, "This is so painful. How can girls do this every single day if their lives?"

"They don't. And besides this was your idea not mine."

"Yeah but my hair needs to have extra moisture to look this sexy-"

"Will, are you going Daniella's tonight?" Jacob interrupted. Alyssa froze up at the mention of the popular girl before reminding herself to relax.
William lifted his head slightly to acknowledge him. "Is this the party they were talking about at school?" He asked and Jacob nodded, glancing at his phone

Alyssa held her breath as she waited for his answer. She mentally begged for him to say no.

"Yeah probably. Alyssa?"

Alyssa had never thought of going to a party before since nobody had ever invited her and she never had anybody to go with. But Alyssa had changed. She knew that if she said no, she would never in her life go to one again.

So she agreed.

-xXx-

"I can't believe you made me wear this," Alyssa uttered loudly, whilst looking at the black dress that William had given to her. Apparently it was from one of his conquests that had left it behind.

William laughed gingerly, "Well, it looks nice and nobody will know." Alyssa rolled her eyes, sarcastically thanking him although inside she wasn't almost as confident. All the things that could go wrong were rolling on and on through her mind, out of control.

"Hellooo? Daisy?" Alyssa winced when somebody knocked on her head. Literally. "Earth to-"

"Ow! Sorry, did I zone out?" She asked, looking around at the crowd outside the house in the middle of the street. Most of them looked pretty drunk and half of them looked under eighteen. She squinted her eyes a little to see a young boy mowing the lawn.

Alyssa wished herself luck.

When she followed Jace and Will through the crowd, Alyssa kept her head down ignoring their whispers asking who she was when in reality she wanted to swing a good punch into their face. Judging by how Jacob threw his arm around her shoulder, she had probably been quite obvious with her thoughts.

But a split second later, he was gone. Alyssa frantically looked around trying to find him but since she wasn't wearing heels, it was useless.

A second later, she felt fingers lace through hers. She looked up to see William smiling at her and lip read him say to follow him. Alyssa nodded not bothering to use her voice when she knew she wouldn't be heard over the music.

It was easy to find a place to sit for people quickly moved away when they saw the golden boy. He threw Alyssa a can of drink that they'd bought from home with them. Alyssa pulled the hook and opened it, taking a sip. She mouthed Jacob to him and he answered that he's probably gone to talk to some people from school.

After a few minutes, Alyssa began feeling like some sort of burden, hindering William from going around socialising. He was probably getting annoyed at her for sticking around with him, she thought. "Uh, I'm going to look around," she shouted, trying to be heard over he music and he gave her a curious look.
"Are you sure? This place is pretty big. You probably won't be able to find us again."

That's the point.

Alyssa smiled before holding up her phone. A second later she weaved away, without having a clue of where she was going.

 A second later she weaved away, without having a clue of where she was going