• to steal •

Before Alyssa knew it, a hand reached into her lunch box, pulling out her chocolate bar

A split second later, half of the bar was in his mouth. "Hey! That was mine!" Alyssa said in disbelief, watching in agony as he annihilated her bar.

He grinned, amused,  enjoying the reaction she was giving. "Really? I think it's mine now." Just as the words left his mouth, he took another bite, making her squeal.

She reached for it, but he turned the other direction, laughing at her annoyance. Alyssa sighed in frustration, after numerous attempts of getting it back again. "Give it back. Now," she demanded, reaching for it again, only for him to move back wards again. "Come on! This isn't funny!"

Alyssa didn't have a clue where she was getting this surge confidence from but she wasn't complaining.

"I'm sorry darling but you're gonna have to grow if you want to reach this," he replied, smirking cockily. He checked to make sure she was watching before taking another bite, savouring it. "Mmm.. This is actually amazing. What even is this?" Alyssa watched as he tried to piece together the packaging that he had ripped open.

She tutted. "Or maybe you need to shrink." Alyssa watched, transfixed, as he laughed again, the sound echoing around her. She liked the sound of his voice. She liked making him laugh.

"Ooooh! I think we've got a little savage over here."

Alyssa snorted, not trusting herself to ruin the moment by saying something. That was until she saw him take another bite out of her food. "Bird!" She shouted, pointing aimlessly behind him.

She watched Williams head whip in the direction she pointed, as he let out a high-pitched scream. Unable to contain herself, she burst out laughing, her brown eyes crinkling at the ends. "Birds? Really?" She asked. "You're afraid of birds?"

William scoffed looking away, "Birds? Of course not. That's ridiculous. They're just animals with huge flappy wings. Not scary at all."

A second later, a mischievous glint twinkled in his eyes. "Well, if you're so infuriated with me taking this," he said, holding up the wrapper, "I can't even imagine what your reaction would be to this."

His long fingers wrapped around her lunch box, pulling it away as he sprinted out of the dining hall.

"No!" Alyssa whispered to herself. Not because she was annoyed. Not because she was angry. But because wrapped in a tissue in the lunchbox, were her tablets.

 But because wrapped in a tissue in the lunchbox, were her tablets