• to let go •

This is it, Alyssa thought to herself feeling the breath being knocked out of her chest

This is it, Alyssa thought to herself feeling the breath being knocked out of her chest. The voices around her tried again as she felt a surge of oxygen blast through her. Useless, it flew back out.

Alyssa was going to enjoy dying. She was going to spend the moment in peace and feel the sensation. There weren't many people who were destined to know when they would die, she consoled herself. You are one in a million. Be proud of that.

Taking a deep breath, she remembered. Her parents. She reminisced the time when her mother used to push her on the swing when her legs were too small to reach the ground. She remembered when she stayed up all night helping her with an art project that was due the next day. Sighing, she remembered when her father had made a huge Wendy house for her in the garden because she wanted to invite them to tea. She clearly remembered when he drank the tea she proudly made even though she accidentally added salt instead of sugar.

Alyssa would always love them for being there.

The voices around her quietened as if giving her more space to think. The blue eyed diva grew to form in her mind. Alyssa chuckled at the thought of how pissed of she was when Jace kicked a football and broke her daisy chat. She thought about the chat up line wars as well as his face on the rollercoaster.

She mentally thanked him for making her laugh when she needed it the most.

Brianna. She remembered her laughing when Alyssa hid in her closet at the sight of Will. She remembered her singing pathetically to cover for her. True friendship. Alyssa smiled when she remembered giving her a make over and they way her eyes lit up at the sight of herself.

She was glad that Brianna had made her realise how tough other people's lives are too.

Finally, she moved over to the last person. What could she say? Alyssa remembered the time in Autumn when she sat beside Will on the field. His lanky legs next to her smaller ones. Her lips raised into a smile. She remembered when he made his thumbs sore from making a daisy chain to replace her broken one. She remembered sitting opposite him, eating sushi and laughing with him at McDonalds. Alyssa them remembered stealing waffles from each other and his super long eyelashes when he'd wink.

She loved him for making her realise that she was enough.

Alyssa was well prepared to go on forever but she knew that time wasn't in her side. But she wasn't going to wallow around. Alyssa was glad that her car had broken down that day. She was glad that Will had stopped that day.

And no, she wasn't upset that she was going to die. She was happy that she lived. Alyssa was content that she spent her time the way that she did.

Smiling, her eyes fluttered shut once for all.

She loved him enough to let him go.

*The End*