• to hint •

"Finish doing this for me, Will

"Finish doing this for me, Will. I need to find my charger, my phone's gonna die!" Alyssa said, jumping off the bed.

"What the hell? I don't know how to paint nails-"

"It's fine. I can do them myself-"

"Don't your dare, Brianna! We both know that you can't paint for the life of you, no offence. I'm prettty sure Will will be better."

"Why, thank you."

"Ooh! I'll paint them-"

"No!" They all shouted at Jacob, making him pout and sulk. Alyssa rushed out of her room, having no intent to return anytime soon.

She wished that she'd dragged Jace with her. Of course that idiot, wouldn't realise that he was third-wheeling. They'd arrived at the hotel that they'd be staying at around an hour ago. Alyssa and Brianna were sharing a room whilst Jason and William were sharing another. Since it were the first dinner, the students had been treated for a meal out by the parents.

For a second, Alyssa hoped that some sort of phycological powers would allow Jacob to take a hint and get out there. When nothing happened, Alyssa sighed before returning.

What she didn't expect to see was to see Will and Brianna lying on Alyssa's bed together, looking at each other. "Huh, it did work," she said to herself. She wondered where Jace was until she heard water running from the bathroom.

She felt a tug on her heart.

Good, she thought. He took the hint.

Brianna quickly rolled off when she saw Alyssa and Will stood up too, his gaze softening when he looked at Alyssa. She could tell that he was trying to tell her something but she didn't understand what. He almost looked guilty.

She wished that she hadn't stepped back into the room and interrupted them. Her plan was beginning to work and she's ruined it.

Alyssa smiled as Jacob entered the room again. Her eyes flew over the clock and widened when she realised they barely had half an hour left. She quickly threw them out of their room before grinning deviously to herself.

She had a lot of things planned for Brianna.

-xXx-

"Right, you're wearing this."

Brianna gingerly agreed with Alyssa, who was holding up a pretty pale blue dress. When Alyssa had made the decision to dress Brianna up tonight, she had made one thing clear to herself.

She wasn't going to dress Brianna up in a tiny, revealing dress.

Or crazy high heels.

Or cake her with make up.

For Brianna's skin was pretty flawless regardless and those scarce flaws only made her look natural. She let Brianna's hair down and clipped it back, half up, before giving her some nice black heels. What was the point of super high heels if you couldn't walk in them?

"Alright, time for make up!" Alyssa said, pulling out her make up bag. Brianna groaned to herself although secretly enjoying the feeling of being pampered. She'd never been treated like this before. Alyssa lightly applied some make up, as Brianna put on some contacts before quickly getting changed herself.

She was careful not to go over the top on herself since she was determined to put Brianna in the limelight.

"Perfect, let's go."

-xXx-

When they saw the boys, Alyssa was dazzled at first. Jacob was sitting in a sofa in the flyer talking to some other boys from her year. He was clad in a beige shirt and khaki trousers, highlighting his blonde hair. But what surprised her the most was William beside him. He was grinning whilst talking to a group of girls, putting his dimples on full show. Alyssa watched the girls that were in mini dresses swoon as they talked to him.
He'd worn a dark blue shirt for the evening with smart shoes.

Before he could notice her, she shoved Brianna in front of her and his behind me. At least, he'd see Brianna first. If she was being honest, Alyssa was proud of how beautiful Brianna looked tonight and she wasn't going to shy away from the credit.

A few seconds later, she peeled out from behind Brianna back, to find that Will was looking in their direction. She stepped to the side so Will could now see her.

His eyes didn't move from Brianna.

Alyssa observed them carefully, spotting the look of awe of his face. The dimples reappeared. He took in her appearance as Brianna shyly looked away.

Alyssa hurt a little when Will didn't give her a single look. It was as if she wasn't even there at all. She despised the thought that had just entered her mind, because this is what she wanted to happen.

It had to.

And although Alyssa pretended that she was happy, it hurt her when Will looked at Brianna in a way that she'd always wished for him to look at her.