• to hide •

Brianna looked at her in panic, beginning to ramble, "What?! Why's he here? What am I going to do? And why are you hiding? Get out my closet Alyssa

Brianna looked at her in panic, beginning to ramble, "What?! Why's he here? What am I going to do? And why are you hiding? Get out my closet Alyssa."

"I'm supposed to be at home, ill in bed, for crying out loud!" Alyssa hissed, tucking her legs into the wardrobe. "Don't just stand there, Brianna! Answer the door!"

"Oh? Right."
Brianna quickly stood up, brushing her legs and lurched towards the door. "Oh hi," she said, awkwardly leaning against the door so that Will couldn't see past her. Brianna looked in the mirror and saw Alyssa's toes sticking out from the cupboard.

Alyssa leaned towards the keyhole, watching the two of them.
"Hey," Will said, holding up a pink bag. "You left your PE kit in my car when I dropped you home." Alyssa watched as Brianna took it from him.
"Oh thanks."

Before looking around Brianna's closet, Alyssa snorted at Brianna's unsubtle attempt to end the conversation. Unfortunately, Will picked up on something.

He frowned at Brianna. "Is everything alright? You're acting really..." he paused trying to think of the right word, "Weird." Will's tall frame towered over Brianna and he leant sideways, trying to get a view of what she was hiding.

"Agh!" Alyssa screamed after seeing cobwebs in the corner. There was one thing that she couldn't stand. Spiders. She slammed her hand over her mouth as she fidgeted around, realising her mistake.

William looked at Brianna strangely, "Did your wardrobe just scream at me?" Brianna's eyes went wide as she shook her head, "Uh no, it's a new style of music called... Screamlia?" Alyssa tried not to laugh as Brianna proceeded to scream a sequence of notes.

"See? No person. Just music," she said nodding furiously making William laugh, hitting his head against the door frame.

He really was too tall for his own good.

Alyssa stopped to watch. She forgot about the spider and instead watched crinkled form in the outer corners of both of their eyes as they laughed. She imaged Will thinking about how beautiful Brianna's hair looked like when it was down. They looked perfect. Perfect together.

"Alright then. I'm gonna go. See you tomorrow, Brie," he waved goodbye and walked away.

Alyssa smiled to herself.

He had a nickname for her.

-xXx-

"Are you sure, darling?" Alyssa's father asked her as she sighed.
She nodded her head, "Yes Dad, we've been through this ten times already. I really do want to go on the trip because however much we hide from the facts, I haven't got a lot of time left and I want to enjoy my life." Alyssa hoped that this would tip them over.

Her parent sighed before writing a cheque to the school for her to go on the trip to Germany. "Alright then." She grinned before wrapping them both in a hug.

Grabbing her phone, she saw that she had 38 texts from Will and Jace both asking her if she's convinced her parents. I'm in. She then quickly messaged Brianna asking if she'd got a place.

Yh, I got a place :)

She squealed before typing a response. Alyssa was determined to make sparks fly on the trip. It was bound to happen.

 It was bound to happen