Reunited

House: You Choose

Blood Status:  You Choose

Warning: Swearing 

-----

You hug your knees to your chest as you sit in front of one of the fireplaces in the Great Hall.  You inhale and exhale shakily, tears still falling down your cheeks.  You hear the footsteps coming from behind you.  You don't look up.

"Oh, my God!  Baby!  What's wrong?  Tell me!" you hear your boyfriend say.

"Draco... I-I," you stutter.  

"What is it babe?" he asks, sitting beside taking you in his arms.  You rest your head on his chest, relaxing into it, closing your eyes.

"It's my father," you sniff.  "He and mother are going through a rough patch.  She feels like he doesn't love her anymore.... He's disappeared all of a sudden.  We can't find him anywhere!  This means I won't be able to see him for the holidays...  Sure, it would've been different anyway, having two Christmases, one with mom and one with dad, but I was really looking forward to seeing him...  He's always been so busy with his job, but he's always been around for Christmas time."

"I had no idea, y/n.  I can't imagine what it feels like," Draco says, gripping your arm tightly.  The tears begin to come again and this time you can't stop them.  "It's okay, baby.  Let it out.  I'm here for you.  I'll always be."  

You and Draco could have spent the rest of the night, sitting beside each other, never letting go, but soon enough Mrs Norris came along and you two had to part ways.

~~~~~

It's been about four days since the incident in the common room.  You made Draco keep it a secret.  You didn't want Pansy Parkinson to catch wind of it and torment you for the rest of the foreseeable future.

"Hey, y/n," Draco says to you at lunch.  "I have something to tell you."

"What is it, love?" you ask.  

"I have to leave for the holidays early this year.  I'm so sorry, babe," he says.  Your heart breaks and you feel like someones ripped it out and started to stomp on it.  

"W-What?" you ask shakily.

"I'm so, so sorry.  Father wants me back early," he responds, you can see it in his eyes how sorry he is.  You stand up and hug him gently.  "He wants us to leave early for Canada.  He want's us to visit all the big cities and then spend new years in Vancouver B.C.  Babe?  Say something...  anything."

You stare at him, sadly.  Your dad and now this?

"I understand, Draco.  There's no need to be sorry.  I look forward to seeing you after the holidays are up.  I'll miss you," you say, giving him a soft kiss on the lips.  He hisses back.  Once your lips part, you look into his eyes. "Do you really have to go?"

"I'm afraid so, y/n.  I wish we had more time and that this wasn't so short notice."

"Me, too, Draco.  Me too."

~~~~~

Being home was different for you this time around.  It felt empty.  Your dad would usually be prancing around the house singing holiday songs at the top of his lungs, tapping a cowbell to the tune of the music, but not this year.  It was dead quiet.  So quiet you could hear a pin drop.  It was such a shame, too.  It was Christmas day after all.

"Time for presents," your mother says in a monotone way.  She hasn't been taking your father's departure so well either.  She's been drinking heavily for the past two weeks.  It was taking its toll.  "Too bad that lazy fucker couldn't be here right, hon?"