Beauty and the Beast Pt. 2

House: None

Blood Status: You Choose

-----

"Good morning, Beast," you say walking into the drawing room.  The beast looks up from an armchair and puts down his book and smiles.  It's been nearly two weeks since you swapped places with Harry Potter and there's been no sign of the Ministry sending anyone to come to rescue you.  Originally, you were saddened by the fact that nobody came, but you quickly adjusted to life with the beast.  In your days living alongside him, he'd usually go about his business by himself and leave you alone, but occasionally he'd come up to you and attempt to have a conversation that ended in him choking on his words and walking away, grumbling to himself.  Every so often, he'd bring you a new outfit or a stack of books, which you thoroughly enjoyed.  In addition to those gits, the flowers would be replaced in your room daily with new ones.  

All of the beast's actions have eventually lead you to see him as more of a lonely beast rather than an evil, malicious one.  Despite his outward appearance, you have grown to see that the beast has a heart so you let your walls down due to his kind gestures.

"Good morning, y/n," the beast replies to you, standing up.  "Come with me."

"Where are we going?" you ask, before taking a step towards him.

"Outside to the garden," he replies, walking towards the door.  You follow him as he walks down the hall and out the french doors to the garden.  You step outside behind him and take a deep breath of the morning air.  

The garden is beautiful.  It's extensive with a white marble path leading to a maze of hedges, a large array of exotic, colourful flowers.  The fountain runs in the background with the calming sound of the water flowing from the top to the bottom.

"It's beautiful," you say.  "Have you always lived here?"

"Ever since I was a boy," he nods.

"Wait...  Harry Potter said you didn't remember anything about your life from before," you say, frowning a bit.

"I've... been trying to forget my life before I became this...," the beast sighs, lowering his gaze.

"What do you mean by that?" you ask.

"I've done some things that I regret and I'm trying to forget it all because nobody will ever forgive me or see me any different," the beast sighs, sitting down on a stone bench.  You sit down beside him and place a hand on his shoulder.  He looks up at you, surprised that you'd be willing to touch him.

"Whatever it was that you did, Beast, I think you deserve a second chance.  Everyone does," you say calmly, but the beast just buries his head in his hands.

"It's too late for that.  Nobody will accept me for what I did during the war...  I manipulated and cursed people...  I fought only for myself and I didn't think about what I was doing...  I hurt others around me for my own personal gain.  I was afraid and twisted and.... on the wrong side of the whole ordeal... I showed no regret and now this is how I have to make amends..."

"How is this making amends?" you ask. "...because it just seems like you're causing more pain for yourself."

"Exactly, y/n...  This is how I make amends...," he sighs.  "After the war, my parents left me and the manor.  They went away to start a new life without me, which is for the best and I was shrouded in guilt for what I had done.  After a few weeks of pondering, I figured out what I needed to do.  I hurt those people because I was too involved.  I had too many relationships. I had my loyalties to juggle along with my responsibilities...  My actions got people hurt and I made my mistakes.  After I finally realised that I knew what I had to do..."