Colours Pt. 2

Description:  This imagine was requested by HarryPotterGeek1397!

House:  Slytherin

Blood Status:  Pureblood

Warning:  Swearing

-----

"You're going to do great, y/n.  I believe in you... Remember, we did all that practice together.  It'll pay off, y/n.  Just watch it.  It'll all come together," Draco whispers to you, his hand on your waist outside the Potions room.  "This is our first brewing session in two weeks and you can see all the colours.  You've got this."

"Thanks, Draco," you reply, snuggling into his chest.  Snape suddenly bursts through the door of his classroom and tells everyone to come in.  All the students file in in pairs and take their seats.  A few seconds after you and Draco sit down, Pansy drops her bag loudly across the table from you.  Draco rolls his eyes and rests his head in the palm of his hand and takes your hand under the table with his free one, stroking your hand gently.

"Drakie!" she screeches.  "How are you?!"

"Fine," he replies, uninterested in making any sort of conversation with Pansy.

"Are you ready for today's potions class, Draco?" she calls, still hoping he'll respond.  He shrugs her question off and she frowns and turns to you.  "How about you... y/n?  Are you ready to fail today's class like you did last time?"

You ignore her as well, setting up your cauldron.  Professor Snape clears his throat to explain today's potion.  All the way through Professor Snape's schpeel, she glares at you.  Almost being able to feel her resonating anger, Professor Snape finishes talking.

"You have all period.  Begin," he says, disappearing into his office a moment later.  The room nearly explodes with the noise of more cauldrons being set on the table and the students rushing to the cupboard for ingredients.  You hang back for a second, trying to avoid the scramble.  Once the crowd has dispersed, you go up the cupboard to retrieve your materials.   Once you open the cupboard, you realise that everything in the jars is much brighter than ever.  You can finally see everything.  All of the jars aren't just a mess of grey, but beautifully, or not so beautifully in some cases, materials.  

"You got this, y/n," Draco says with a smile as you bring all your ingredients back.  

"Thanks, Draco," you reply with a small smile, watching Pansy's face turn bright red at your interaction with her "one and only".  She round the table and whispers into your ear.

"Don't think that Draco likes you...  He's obviously playing you for me!" she grins maliciously.  You sigh.  You don't have time to deal with Pansy.  If it was lunchtime, you would surely punch her in the face, but now was Potions and all that mattered was acing this brewing session.

~~~~~

"Fifteen minutes on low heat until it turns chartreuse...," you mumble to yourself, turning the dial below your cauldron to the lowest setting.  You check your potions book again and then sit back down on your stool to watch the clock and your potion.   Next to you, Draco is busy brewing his potions, only two steps behind you, stirring his potion gently.  He looks over at you and smiles kindly, happy your potion is going well.  Returning his gaze to his own potion, a loud explosion erupts from the cauldron across from yours, filling the room with black smoke.  Once the smog clears, you look around and see who's potion blew up.  It's Pansy's potion. 

"Ugh!" she gasps.  "How?!"

A few of the Gryffindors in the corner of the room snicker at her struggles and Draco can't help but crack a grin on his face.   Pansy's hair, that had once been tied back in a neatly braided crown, has now escaped hair ties and frizzed everywhere in every possible angle from her head.  Her normally silky dark brown hair, now stringy and covered in soot, looks rather unsettling to the eye and mind.  Noticing Draco's gaze, she attempts to straighten out her hair by forcing her fingers through it.  Despite her efforts, she only makes her hair worse by getting her fingers caught in her mangled strands of hair.