Veela

Description:  This imagine was inspired by a two-part imagine by draher! (I tried not to completely copy your idea.  I'm just using the veela idea.  If you would like me to delete this imagine, feel free to message me).

House:  None.  (You're visiting from Beauxbatons)

Blood Status:  Pureblood (Probably?  You're a full veela so... idk.)

A/N:  b/f/n = best friend's name; y/l/n = your last name

-----

Glancing side to side in the corridors, you notice how heads turn when people look at you.  

"B/f/n?  People are staring at us again...," you whisper to your friend next to you.  "I'm feeling a bit self-conscious..."

"Oh, come on y/n..." b/f/n says with an eye roll.  "You can't help that!  People are gonna stare all your life!  You're a veela!  I'm a veela!  It's what we do... We can charm men even if we don't mean to! We don't have control over it!  How many timed so I have to say for you to enjoy it?"

B/f/n and you have been friends since childhood, born and raised in England and the only children for miles, you two were inseparable.  You were both veelas, you a full veela and her a half veela.  You went everywhere together.  Even to school when your parents decided to send you to France.  When you left for Beauxbatons, she left for Beauxbatons.  You had loads in common from spending the years together but her, unlike you, was very comfortable with the attention that came with possessing the powers of a veela woman.  She enjoyed how the boys and some girls would turn and look at her as she passed.  She would often flick her hair at them as she went by, causing most of them to almost faint.  She always got a lot of attention.  It was part of her being her, after all.  You, on the other hand, had and continue to have almost double the attention.  Being a full veela, your powers are far stronger, but you have hated how people act around you nearly as much as she loves it.  

"You know it makes me uncomfortable, b/f/n!" you say, hearing a Hogwarts student wolf whistle as you round the corner to the school's library.  "I just want to be invisible for just a second!  That would be absolutely brilliant!"

"I know, I know...  It's not like you've ever said anything like that before!" she responds sarcastically, tired of hearing your constant introverted plea.  You both continue down the hallway talking about the pros and cons of being a veela.

"It always gets in the way when I try to make friends!  I can't tell if someone is being friends with me because I put them in a trance or if they actually want to talk!  You have to admit that, b/f/n." you say, entering the library.

You two sit in the corner of the library and spread your schoolwork out on the large table.  You spend hours there.  You get up and take a peek at the selection of books.  It ranges from Potions to Arithmancy, Herbology to Ancient Runes.  Everything was there. Even some books in French were scattered through the shelves.  With an armful's worth of books, you return to b/f/n and your corner of the library, you find her peacefully snoozing.  You set down the books gently by hear head and prod her awake.

"B/f/n!"  Hey!  Wake up!" you hiss quietly.  She blinks and flutters her eyes open.  Using her arms, she props her body up groggily, struggling to keep her eyes open.  She brings her arms above her head and stretches.

"What time is it?" she asks, still a bit asleep.

"About 5:15, b/f/n," you say, glancing up at the clock.

"Oh geez!  I have to meet Gabrielle and Clarice for a project!" she gasps, throwing herself out of her chair.  "I'll see you later y/n!"

With that, she grabs her bags and runs for the door.  The librarian hisses disapprovingly at her noise level.  I roll my eyes.  She may be attractive, but she's extremely forgetful.  It's really one of the hallmarks of her personality.  The Hogwarts students begin to file out of the library and the scary librarian disappears into her office, leaving you alone.  You take one of the books from your stack and open it up to page one.  More time passes and after awhile, you find yourself humming a soft tune.  Engrossed in your book, you are unaware you are being watched and listened to by a curious blonde boy in your year from behind the bookshelf.  You finish your tune and turn your book's page again.

"You have a lovely voice," he says, finally revealing himself.  You jerk your head up suddenly, surprised at his presence. 

"You scared me!" you gaps, trying to recover from the initial shock of his entrance.

"Oh!  I'm so sorry!  I really didn't mean to..." he apologises.  "I'm Draco, by the way...  Draco Malfoy."

"Y/n y/l/n," you reply.  "And thank you.  I was just humming, though..."

"I thought it was lovely, y/n.  I know this might be a bit weird... but I was wondering if you'd like to go to the ball with me?  You just seem a bit cut off from everyone else and I think that we'd have fun if we were to go together.  You seem like a really cool girl, y/n," he says.  There is a pause.  You weren't really expecting this... not right now at least...  You see the confidence drain from his eyes and he shakily lowers his gaze, the awkwardness building.  "Umm... I'm sorry.  This was a mistake.  I think I should just go if you wouldn't like to.  I wouldn't be surprised if a cool girl like you already had a date."

He turns to leave, but you get up and grab his hand.

"Wait!  Please don't go!  I was just in a bit of a shock to hear what you had to say.  Most people talk to me because I look good or because of my veela powers...  You're different.  You said that you wanted to spend time with me at the ball because we'd have fun, not that you just wanted to take me because I was hot or say something idiotic like a stale pickup line."

You smile at him and he turns around again and takes your other hand in his.  

"Thank you," you say.  "I'll go to the ball with you, Draco.  It sounds like a lot of fun."

"Great!" he exclaims. 

He sits down next to you wand you two talk for hours.  You did skip dinner that night, but you didn't care.  It was fun to talk to Draco.  You two compared Hogwarts and Beauxbatons, talked about books, clothes, magic, friends, drama, everything!  You two planned for coordinating your outfits, which he was extremely eager to do.  You could sense how happy and excited he was about taking you.  While you were talking, you felt like you two had a real connection. The kind that only you and b/f/n had up to that point.  He listened when you said something and gave kind and empathetic feedback.  He really seemed to be interested in you, not your looks.  It was a refreshing change compared to what you faced on a daily basis.  It made you happy.  At eight o'clock, the clock in the library went off loudly.

"Well...  I should be getting back, Draco," you say.  He nods.

"Me too, y/n," he replies with a small yawn.  "Will I see you around?"

"Most definitely.  And I can't wait until the Yule Ball."

"Me neither, y/n."

-----

A/N:  This chapter was 1,330 words long!   Once again, this chapter was inspired by draher's veela imagine!  Please go and check them out!  I hope you enjoyed this imagine!  Thanks for 3.5k reads!  It means so much to me!  I appreciate it so much you guys have no idea!  REQUESTS ARE OPEN!  See you in the next chapter! <3

- Soiea