Punches

House:  You Choose

Blood status:  You Choose

-----

Third Person POV

The crows call rips through the silence of the Hogwarts grounds.  It's finally springtime, but this year for the golden trio, none of the normal happiness with the change of the season has arrived.  Buckbreak's been sentenced to death my Lucius Malfoy after it attacked Draco during Hagrid's first lesson.  Harry, Ron, and Hermione head towards the bridge connecting Hogwarts to Hagrid's hut and the forest.  As they go, they hear the unmistakable sound of metal scrapping roughly against rock.  Today is the day.  The executioner is here.  He's sitting on a rock sharpening his scythe. Through holes in his face covering hood, he stares at the third years.  Crossing her arms, Hermione returns his gaze with an aggressive stare.  They continue on across the wooden bridge to Hagrid's hut.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak," Hermione says solemnly.  "It's just too horrible."

Just as they step out of the opposite end of the bridge, they look down and spot a group of laughing Slytherins.  Two of them cumbersome lugs and one tall and slim.  His blonde hair falls against his forehead effortlessly.  He peers through the binoculars to Hagrid's pumpkin patch, watching the chained Hippogriff sit, unaware of the situation.  Draco Malfoy.  He hands the binoculars to Crabbe and turns around.  His eyes lock on to Hermione and he smirks.

"Ah!  Come to see the show?" he asks.  Hermione finally cracks and struts over to the Slytherins in anger.  Unsure of what she's going to do, Harry and Ron follow her.

"You!" Hermione screams.  "You FOUL LOATHESOME AND EVIL LITTLE COCKROACH!"

Hermione whips out her wand and points it right at Draco's throat, breathing heavily.  She pins Draco up against a large stone, causing his face to scrunch up in fear.  Whimpering, he holds still, very nearly gasping for mercy.

"Hermione!"  Ron yells at her.  "No!  He's not worth it...  It's Malfoy.  he doesn't deserve our time."

"Come on, Hermione," Harry says. "We should continue down to Hagrid's."

Hermione stands her ground, despite her friend's pleas, holding Draco against the rocks who is still whimpering in fear. 

"Hermione...," Ron says.  Hermione nods and slowly lowers her wand and turns her back on Draco.  He starts to smile and opens his mouth to mock her for her inability to hex him, but it suddenly cut off when Hermione turns back around and sinks her fits into his face throwing Draco back against the rock.  He gasps and doubles over in pain, crumbling at his knees down to the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL, HERMIONE?!" a voice gasps from behind Ron and Harry.  They all look up the the bridge's exit.  There stands y/n, her face displaying complete and utter shock.  She rushed to Draco's side past the Gryffindors and takes him in her arms.  "Draco..."

She looks down as her boyfriend sinks into her lap.  

"I have never known you to be so violent, Hermione...," y/n finally says.  

"Y-Y/n...  I...," Hermione says, guilt rising in her chest after seeing y/n's horror-stricken face.

"I never expected this from you, to be honest...," y/n adds.  "I don't see you as one who would resort to violence, Hermione..."

Hermione lowers her gaze.  Y/n could always tap into her feelings.  

"I-I'm sorry...," she gasps.  

"I am not the one you should be apologising to, Hermione," y/n replies, motioning down to the blonde boy in her lap.  

"He doesn't deserve an apology, Hermione...," Harry says.  "Let's go."

Hermione turns her back on the couple.  Y/n sighs.  

"I know he hasn't been kind to you for the last three years, Hermione," y/n calls softly from behind her.  "... but you really could have resolved this in a kind way.  Next time, take the high road."

Hermione returns her gaze to y/n and Draco.  She's running her fingers through his hair gently with her fingers.  He's obviously milking his injury, but Hermione could tell that y/n was playing into it slightly on purpose to be kind to her boyfriend.  

"Come along, Draco.  Let's go back to the Great Hall."

Y/n stands up and pulls Draco up with her.  they link arms and walk back to the bridge, Grabbe and Goyle trailing along behind them.

-----

A/N:  This chapter was 713 words long!  Thanks to everyone for 6k reads!  Also thanks to you for reading!  More chapters to come!

- Soiea