Professor's Daughter Pt.1

Description:  This imagine was requested by DRACOOOOLOVER!  This request will be fulfilled in two parts.

House:  Slytherin

Blood Status:  Half-Blood

-----

You stir in your bed lightly and blink your eyes open.  You heard something that disrupted your sleep and you try to focus your eyes by squinting into the darkness.  As you stare into your dorm, you see the silhouette of a tall boy, earing a cleanly cut suit that blends into the blackness of the room.

"Oh!  Draco!  You scared me!" you gasp, looking up to see your boyfriend's white blonde hair reflecting the little light in the room back to you.  

"Shhh...," he says.

"What are you doing here?" you whisper.  

"I just wanted to see you, love," he says, his voice trailing off and shaking a bit.

"Are you, okay, Draco?  You seem weird right now.  Do you want to talk about it?"  you say, beginning to sit up, but he places his hands on your shoulders and slowly pushes you back to a horizontal position.  

"No, y/n.  I'm fine.  Stay here and get some sleep, please.  I just wanted to check on you and see if you were in your dorm," he says with a sigh.  He heads to the door and cracks it open, letting some warm light in from the hallway.  "Sleep well, love."

"Wait, Draco!" you call over to him.

"Yes, y/n?" 

"Do you think the finals are going to be hard for Potions this year?  I've been really worried about them...  I just don't want to disappoint my dad" you admit to him.

"Y/n, I'm sure the finals your father will assign will not be overly difficult.  Also, your father loves you a lot.  He won't care if you get an 'O' or not in his class.  He'll love you just the same."  Draco sighs and looks back at you in your bed.  "Sweet dreams, y/n.  Sleep tight, my love."

"Goodnight, Draco," you call back, bringing the green blankets over you again.  "I'll see you in the morning!"

Draco hesitates for a moment and then finally slips out of the girls' dorm room.

~~~~~

Only about thirty minutes after Draco left, you are still wide awake and can't get to sleep. You throw your covers off and put on your shoes.  You brush your hair so you don't look absolutely horrible and leave the room in your pyjamas.  You head down the stairs to the common room and sneak out into the halls.  It's past curfew, but you feel like breaking the rules for some reason for some fresh air.  It gets uncomfortable and stuffy sometimes in the dorms.  You head down the halls and rush up the stairs, careful not to get caught by any wandering professors, Filch, or Mrs Norris.  You decide to head up to the astronomy tower a special back way that you learned in the second year when you got lost.  Dashing up the stairs towards the open air tower, you hear voices come from the place where your night-time astronomy lessons take place.

"Severus. Severus is who I need. Wake him. Tell him what happened. Speak to nobody else. Severus, Harry," Professor Dumbledore says softly.  You look up through holes the iron floor to the pair and see Harry heading for the stairs that lead to where you stand.  In the background, a door moving can be heard.  It shuts with a low noise and Harry jerks his head back to Dumbledore.

"Hide yourself below, Harry and y/n. Don't speak or be seen by anybody without my permission. Whatever happens, it is imperative you stay below," Dumbledore instructs and Harry dashes down to where you stand.

"Harry!" you hiss.  'What's going on?  What's wrong with the professor?"

"Not now, y/n.  We have to be quiet.  I'm sorry," he says, cupping your mouth with his palm, leading you over to hide behind some stored boxes below.  You look up through a hole in the centre of the floor and see a tall figure with its wand drawn in Dumbledore's direction.  You squint at it, trying to figure out who it is.  He's wearing a tailored suit and has familiar white blonde hair.  It's Draco.  You gasp out loud, but Harry quickly covers your mouth again.

"Good evening, Draco.  What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" Dumbledore asks Draco calmly, acknowledging Draco's presence.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking!" Draco hisses through his teeth.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful." Dumbledore answers. You and Harry lean over to the side to get a better view of the scene.  Draco's wand arm is quivering and there is a deadly silence.

"Draco, you are no assassin,"Dumbledore says suddenly. 

How do you know what I am?" Draco spits harshly. "I've done things that would shock you!"

How can this be happening?  This is not my Draco! you think to yourself.  My Draco isn't this...

"My heart has been in this!" Draco yells at the headmaster. "I was chosen!"

Draco grabs his sleeve and rakes it up, revealing a charcoal black skull and snake.  You try to rush up to your boyfriend, but Harry holds you back.

"No!" Harry whispers.

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

Dumbledore's wand clatters to the floor across the astronomy tower, leaving him defenceless and Draco with his wand drawn on him.  You hear distant footsteps.  People are approaching.

"There are others?" Dumbledore asks calmly.

"The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement.  I've been mending it."

"Ahh yes! It has a sister... A twin..." Dumbledore says, understanding Draco.

"Borgin and Burke's. They form a passage," Draco sighs, a bit reluctant.

"Ingenious... Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you!"

"You don't understand!" Draco snaps, clearly conflicted and frustrated. "I have to do this! I have to kill you!"

Draco's lip quivers and his voice shakes.

"...or he'll kill me!"

A fear-stricken Draco closes his eyes, trying to build up his confidence.  At that moment, a group of people enter.  Death Eaters.  You watch in silence as Bellatrix Lestrange taunts Professor Dumbledore.  Lestrange turns to Draco and shouts at him to kill Dumbledore.  Draco doesn't respond and she eggs him on until someone stops Bellatrix.

"No," a deep voice says.  You recognize it immediately.  It's your father's.

"Dad...," you whisper under your breath, frozen by viewing the scene.  Your father raises his wand and you hold your breath.  He's here to save Draco and Dumbledore.  Everything's going to be alright!

"Avada Kedavra."

-----

A/N:  This imagine was 1066 words long!  Requests open!  Thanks for reading!

- Soiea