Quail in the Corner

House:  None

Blood Status:  You Choose

-----

Originally, you didn't intend to become an animagus.  Transfiguration wasn't really one of your biggest interests while in school and you got straight Exceeds Expectations on every exam for it, but due to having a large amount of free time when not working, you decided to try to become one, eventually succeeding when you turned nineteen.  Now almost twenty, you have come to like being able to turn yourself into an animal, a quail to be exact.  Quails aren't big animals, they're just a bit plump and small so you can hop around and explore places unseen.

Today is a day like any other.  You get out from work at five o'clock and apparate home to your small, cramped apartment, quickly dropping your bags off on your table and then apparating away again to go and explore.  You land next to a tall tree in Wiltshire and quickly transform into your quail form by hopping forward, the small plume on your forehead bouncing lightly.  You turn right when you get to a path, a way you have never gone before and shuffle along the side of the path, watching as the grass blows softly in the wind. 

 As you go along, you come across something strange.  It seems to be a dark stone wall with a large, iron gate left open a jar.  Excited, you hop towards it, happy at the prospect of exploring a new place.  Someone must live here, but you figure, being a quail, the owner would just throw you out.  You swiftly walk through the gate and down a gravel path, towards a large manor.  It must be at least three floors and there are large glass windows that take up most of the front of the house.  Some white peacocks squawk at you, but you ignore them.  The front door is closed, too, but there is a window open with a small bush underneath it.  You climb up the bush and slip in through the window and land on the floor.  It's a large, dark room and the walls are black.  There is a main staircase and you go up the stairs one by one.  After going up a flight or two, you turn the corner into a bunch of hallways.

Turning the corner, you walk into a large master bedroom.  It has a gigantic four poster bed with dark, silk sheets accompanied by a dresser, a large desk with quills and parchment, plus a built-in bookcase to the wall.  You walk around the room, eventually climbing up onto the desk after about twenty minutes of exploring, poking at the expensive golden wax seal stamps when the door creaks open.  A tall, handsome man comes through.  He's young, twenty one give or take a year.  His hair is platinum blonde and looks silky and shiny and he's dressed in all black from head to toe in finely tailored robes.  He sets his bag work bag down on the floor with a thud and he looks up to his desk and you stop in your tracks and stare into his eyes.

"Hello," he says, walking over to his desk.  "What are you doing in here?"

You blink your eyes.  Is he not mad a weird bird is in his house?  He leans over to look at you closer.  

"I don't think I've ever had a quail in my house before. I wonder how you got in...," he trails off.  "Oh, well.  I guess I'd better give you some food.  There isn't much for a bird to eat around here for a bird like you."

He picks you up and you ruffle your feathers, peeping a bit as he holds you in his arms.  He carries you out of the room and down the stairs and into a kitchen.  He sets you on the countertop and opens a cupboard, procuring a handful of birdseed and placing it carefully on the table in front of you. He nods, telling you to go ahead and you bend over to nip at the seed as he sits down to watch you with a glass of water.  

"I'm Draco Malfoy, by the way," he says, eventually scoffing at his own action.  "Why am I even talking to you...  You're a bird.  it's not like you can understand me at all..."

You tilt your head to the side and blink again. He sighs again.

"I guess I'm just lonely.  My parents are out travelling.  They won't be back anytime soon so I'm alone in this big house with nobody.  I guess it's to be expected of me.  I'm not one for making or having many friends..." he says.  "I guess I'm in need of someone to talk to... who's not a bird."