Alone?

House:  You Choose

Blood Status:  You Choose

A/N: y/l/n = your last name

-----

Draco's POV:

I glance over to the corner of the potions classroom to look at the y/l/n girl.  I really don't know much about her.  She doesn't have any friends and never talks to anyone.  I don't even think she's ever said a single word in front of me. It's strange really... How could a girl that beautiful be all alone with no friends?  I watch as she casually flips the page in her potions book, resting her head in her hand, gently brushing her long, flowing hair out of her face.  I guess this is sorta creepy.  I've been secretly admiring her for the past few weeks.  What the hell am I doing?

"Your homework..." Professor Snape drawls.  "Is an essay on how potion's acidity is crucial and how results and the effectiveness differ from an acidic potion to a potion that is more of a base.  Class dismissed."

She looks up and slowly closes her book and stows it in her bag, hastily leaving the classroom to head off to the great hall for dinner.  

"Drakie-Poo!!!!" I hear a voice screech from behind me.  Pansy.

"What is it, Pansy?" I ask begrudgingly. 

"Come with meeeeee!" she badgers, prodding me on the arm with her index finger.  "Let's have sit together, Dracoooooo!"

"Ummm.  I'd rather not.  I have to go and talk to someone...." I say, rushing out of the classroom, trying to determine where the girl went.

"What?  Who?!" she exclaimed.

"Oh... That y/l/n girl..." I trail off, waving her a hasty goodbye and running down the hall in pursuit of y/n.

"What the hell?" Pansy fumes from behind me, but I'm already too far away to respond.  I turn the corner sharply and run down the stairs, skipping every other stair.  I swerve into the great hall and find y/n.  Sitting all alone as usual.  I stand in the doorway for a few seconds.  Normally I go right to my spot at the Slytherin table, but I'm not really sure if I should go up to her.  I have no idea what she's like.  I awkwardly start to walk towards her and stand directly behind her.  She doesn't notice my presence.  She keeps staring down at her leather book, flipping the pages like she did in potions only moments ago.   I clear my throat.

"Mmmhm!" I cough.  her head shoots up in surprise and she whirls her head around to look at me.  I see how startled she is in her eyes.  It's almost fear.  "H-Hi..."

"Hello..." she gulps quietly.  "You're Draco Malfoy aren't you?"

"Yeah.  I am," I reply.  

"Ohh.....  Why are you talking to me?" she asks, squinting up at me.  "Don't you have better things to do than talking to someone like me?"

"I actually wanted to come and talk with you," I say frankly.  "Can I sit?"

She nods and gestures for me to sit next to her.

"Sooo.., um, Why do you always sit alone all the time?  Doesn't it get lonely?" I ask her.  She lowers her gaze into her lap and exhales gently.

"Well...  I guess I'm not good at making friends...  And yeah.  It is a bit lonely.  I'm not the most outgoing person.  I've gotten used to the solitude though...  it's not that bad if you become accustomed to it..." she admits.

"I'm sorry, y/n.  That sounds... crappy," I say.  

"It's fine, really.  And you don't have to be over here.  You have friends over there...," She points to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle and the rest of my friend group.  They're all glaring at y/n and me, especially Pansy.

"They can wait...  The truth is, y/n.  I hate to see you all alone.  You seem really kind and sweet and it makes me sad knowing you have nobody to talk to."

"Thanks, Draco.  The thought is really appreciated..."

"I don't want you to be alone anymore, y/n.  From now on, know that I'll be there for you whenever you need it.  Anything you want.  A study partner, someone to chat with, a shoulder to cry on.  I'm there."

She looks stunned and then smiles warmly.  God, she's beautiful.

"Thank you, Draco.  I meant that from the bottom of my heart.  Would you like to spend the rest of the mealtime with me?"

"Of course, y/n," I respond.  "My friends can have me later.  They'll probably grill me for being over here with you.  They just don't understand I guess.  They can be pretty ignorant.  I guess that's why they don't give people like you a chance."

We spend the rest of the evening talking to each other like we had known each other since childhood.  We talk about Quidditch, teachers, homework, almost everything you could ever imagine.  Finally, it's time to clear out and say goodnight.

"I had a really fun time," she says, clutching her bag in her arms.

"Yeah.  I did, too...  Hey, y/n?"

"What is it now Draco?" she says, just as she's about to leave for the night.

"Do you feel alone still?" 

"No.  Not any more thanks to you."

She smiles and waves and disappears down the hallway, her hair gently bouncing on her shoulders as she walks away.  She's absolutely marvellous.  She's sweet, kind, down to earth, and absolutely beautiful.  I think I may be falling for y/n...

-----

A/N: This chapter was 868.  I apologise for the crappy writing!  Thanks for reading!  Luv ya!

- Soiea