One More Night

House: You Choose

Blood Status:  You Choose

Warnings:  References to sex, swearing

-----

A bit frustrated, you return to your dorm room and start to change into some lounge wear, pulling on a baggy hoodie over your t-shirt and pulling on a comfortable set of leggings.Sitting on your bed in your private Head Girl dormitory, you thumb through some pages in your book impatiently, waiting for Draco to arrive.  

"Late again.  I can't believe him sometimes....," you mumble to yourself with a heavy sigh as you look at the clock on the wall which reads ten o'clock.  It's become a new trend of Draco's to be flaky.  Before, he was wonderful and sweet.  He'd go out with you, skip class for you, despite both of you being Head Boy and Head Girl, and be kind and romantic, but now he's been distant as well, never having time to spend with you or off in some part of the castle hanging out with Pansy Parkinson in Hogsmeade or taking solitary walks by the Black Lake while neglecting promises to spend time together he made to you. He's been getting mean and abrasive.  He's become unkind and sometimes violently angry, a sharp contrast to the Draco that you fell in love with.  Another couple of minutes pass and he bursts through the door, school books in hand, half an hour has gone by since he said he'd arrive.  

"Y/n!  I'm so late!  I'm so sorry!" he says, dumping his books on your dresser and walking over to you.

"Yeah.  No shit," you grumble under your breath. Noticing your discontentment, Draco sits next to you and wraps his arms around you.  

"Listen, babe.  I'm sorry.  I swear it won't happen again.  I just got caught up," he explains.

"You always say that," you groan.  "It's always 'I was busy' or 'I forgot about our date', Draco.  When will it end?  You keep flaking out on me and it hurts!  It's like you don't even care about us anymore..."

"Babe...  You know that isn't true.  I love you!" Draco says, cupping your cheek with his hand.

"It doesn't' feel like that anymore, Draco.  All we do now is see each other once every few days, you want sex, we have it and then you leave until the next time we hook up.  I feel like we're friends with benefits, or rather acquaintances with benefits, rather than boyfriend and girlfriend.  It hurts, Draco, because I love you, too.  I want to be with you!  I love having you around and I love being with you!  You're just never around for us to have any fun together unless it involves stripping down to nothing...," you say, avoiding his eyes.

"Y/n...  It isn't like that.  I know I've been busy, but I promise you that I'll be here for you no matter what!  I'll stick with you any day!" Draco says, trying to keep her engaged.  You just shake your head.

"No, Draco.  I feel like this relationship is falling apart.  I want to be with you, but if you don't value me or my time, this won't ever work.  I don't want this relationship to be about sex and only about sex.  I want us to want to be with each other outside of the bedroom.  We both want that, but if you don't have time for that, we're both wasting our time, here," you sigh.

"No...  Please don't go where you're going, y/n.  I need you.  You're my everything...," Draco whispers.

"It doesn't feel like that.  It feels like I'm your sex toy in the corner, ready for whenever you want to shag," you mumble.  "I think we need to split up.  Go be with Pansy Parkinson.  She'll gladly be your fuck buddy."

"No!  I want you, y/n.  Please let me have the chance to change my ways!  I'll fix this!  I'll change for you!  I'll do anything!" Draco gasps, grabbing your hands.  You shake your head again, more confident.  

"No.  It's over," you finalise.  Draco sighs as his heart sinks.  

"It really is?" he asks.

"Yes.  I want you more than anything, but I can't be in a relationship when I can't ever see the person I'm in love with."

"If that's it, y/n, can I ask something of you before we're over and done with?" he says meekly.  You turn to him and nod once.

"Can I spend one final night with you?  That's all I ask.  I have been taking you for granted and I haven't really appreciated our time together.  I want to savour our last moments together and I will cherish them for eternity," Draco says sincerely.

Oh, great.  He wants sex again.  Of course.  Just like the new him to ask that of me.  I knew that's all he wanted when we got together, you think to yourself.

"You should know, Draco," you say calmly.  "You don't deserve it, but yes.  One more time.  You have until seven o'clock tomorrow morning.  If I'm still asleep by then, leave.  Don't bother leaving a note either when you do.  I won't care one bit."

"Yes y/n.  Thank you so much for letting me have a few last moments with you," Draco smiles and looks over at the clock.  Smiling, he starts to take off his clothes piece by piece.  He stands in his boxers before you and looks at you with a smile.  He walks over to you, and takes your hands gently, pulling you onto your bed.  He pulls the covers down and you both snuggle under the heavy blankets.  You roll onto your side and he wraps his arms around you tightly, holding you close.  He sighs and hisses you tenderly.

"Goodnight, love," he whispers, turning out the light.

~~~~~

You stir lightly and feel a pair of warm arms around you.  Probably Draco's.  You flip through your memories of last night and remember the events.  You had broken up with Draco and he's requested to spend one last night with you.  You had originally thought he wanted sex, but in the end, he just pulls you into the bed and fell asleep with you in his arms.  You smile at the thought.

He didn't want my body last night.  He wasn't like I thought he was... she thinks to herself.  He could have had me last night, but he didn't.  All he wanted was to be with me and spend his night with me.  That was so sweet on his part. I guess that's what I really wanted yesterday.  I wanted to be valued for more than my sex appeal.  I guess I was wrong about Draco.

Feeling Draco's body stir against yours, you raise your head up and turn it to look at him.

"Goodmorning, y/n," he says, wiping his eyes and stretching.  he blinks his eyes a few times, but freezes as he sees the clock.  "Oh, God!  It's eight seventeen!"

He bolts out of the bed, quickly gathering his clothes up from the floor and attempting to shove it on his body.  He teeters around the room as he tries to put his pants on and you giggle loudly, covering your mouth as you sit up in the bed.

"What are you doing, Draco?" you laugh as he freezes, only half dressed.  

"I-I'm leaving.  I overstayed, y/n.  You said last night that I wasn't welcome after seven.  It's over an hour past that," he gasps.

"Oh, Draco!" you laugh, almost falling over.  "You really don't have to leave..."

"What?" he mouths to you and you walk over to him calmly.  

"You don't have to go!" you say cheerfully.

"But we're no longer together!" he says.

"I know I said that, but I've changed my mind.  How you acted last night, you were so sweet and so loving, it made me realise how much I still love you and why I was in love with you.  So please stay, Draco, if you would," you say, reaching out to him with an outstretched hand.

"I would love to, y/n," he says, almost tearing up with joy.  He rushes toward you, hugging you tightly, kissing you on the lips.  "I promise to be faithful to you forever.  I will never take you for granted ever again.  You are my treasure in life, y/n.  You're worth so much.  Please know that."

You smile and kiss him back.  

"Thank you, Draco.  I love you."

"I love you, too, y/n, my princess."

-----

A/N:  This imagine was 1,385 words long!  thanks for reading!  Requested chapters coming up in soon (by Feb 24th or sooner)!

- Soiea