Minister's Box Pt. 2

Description:  This chapter was requested by laceynicolelee!  Thanks for the request!

House:  Whatever your Ilvermorny House is/You Choose

Blood Status:  Pureblood

A/N: y/l/n = your last name; I/H = Ilvermorny House

-----

Draco's POV:

"AND IRELAND SCORES!  IT'S NOW 100 - 20 IRELAND!  Bulgaria will have to try harder if they want to catch up!"

"Go Ireland!" y/n shouts cheerfully, clapping her hands as she looks down at the blurs of green and red below.  The Ireland team has been absolutely crushing Bulgaria.  Their only hope at this point is for Krum to catch the snitch.  Father was right about y/n.  She really is an amazing girl, no wonder she's the prodigy of Ilvermorny.  We've been talking all through the match.  She's a Quidditch lover and super interesting.  She's funny and happy.  She loves to sing and joke around.  She's one of those girls who it's easy and fun to be around.  She's not all clingy or annoying like Pansy Parkinson.  

"Go Ireland!" I repeat, glancing over at y/n again.

"The Irish chasers are really on fire today!  Troy especially!  That shot a few minutes into the game was extraordinary!" she says.  

"I know.  I just wish the people on the Slytherin Quidditch team back at school could do stuff like that!" I laugh.

"You play?" she asks, turning her body to face me.  I nod.

"I'm a seeker for the Slytherin team," I reply.

"Really?!  That's so cool!  I'm a chaser for the I/H team.  I would be seeker if I couldn't be a chaser.  I don't exactly have a beater's build if you know what I mean...," she says.

"I would be a chaser if I couldn't be a seeker.  Also, I totally get what you're saying with the whole 'build' thing.  The beaters on my team aren't exactly the lightest guys in the world," I say with a chuckle.  She laughs along with me.  

We both spend the rest of the match talking like this.  It's absolutely perfect and I couldn't have wished for a better evening.  In the end, Krum caught the snitch, but I was too wrapped up in conversation with y/n to notice.  Ireland actually won because they had scored enough to win.  After Ireland had been awarded the trophy and declared the winner, people started to leave the stadium.  Soon the Minister's box cleared and only my family and the y/l/ns were left.  

"It's been a privilege to get to know you, Mr Malfoy," y/n's father says, standing up from the table across the room from y/n and me, extending his had towards my father.  My father takes his hand and shakes it firmly.

"No, no.  The pleasure is ours, Mr. y/l/n.  It's not everyday one meets someone of a family of your stature," my father says.

"You flatter me, Mr Malfoy."  Y/n's dad looks at his watch casually.  "Oh, dear.  It looks like y/n and I will have to get going.  I'm terribly sorry."

"It's quite alright.  I completely understand," my father replies courteously.  "I hope we can see each other again possibly sometime in the near future?"

"Of course, of course!  It would be an honour!  I would absolutely love to meet your wife!" Mr. y/l/n says.

"As would I with yours," my father says with a small smile.  

"Come, y/n."  Mr. y/l/n waves her over and she nods, standing up from the table gracefully.  She starts to walk to her father but turns around and looks me in the eyes softly.

"I had a wonderful time, Draco," she says gently.  "I really had a lot of fun talking with you."

The light from the Quidditch pitch seems to make her eyes sparkle.  The light draft in the room makes her hair flow ever so gently.  She has her hands holding each other in front of her body neatly.  Y/n's smiling and she's absolutely gorgeous.

"I did, too, y/n," I say back, a bit dazed by her beauty and her soft voice and kind words.  "I hope we really do see each other again.  I'd love to be able to have a chat with you again.  It was great."

Still smiling, she glances down at the ground.  

"Well, I'd better get going, Draco.  I'm sure we'll see each other.  Goodbye for now."

With that, she turns around giving me a casual wave.  She joins her father by the door and he leads her out of the minister's box.  My father walks over to me and sits down.

"You seem quite enamoured by y/n, Draco," Father says.  I nod again, still recalling the way she would look at me and the comfortable atmosphere she brought with her.

"I am, father.  She's absolutely remarkable," I respond.  "I know I might be saying this a bit too early but I think I may be falling a little for y/n.  I know it's soon and I just met her, but she's an amazing girl.  She's nice and funny.  Creative and generous.  She told me about how she covers the empty walls at Ilvermorny with murals for her art projects.  She likes to dance, even though she says she's not especially good at it.  She seems so nice and interesting, Father.  I've never felt this way toward anyone else like this before....  You probably think I'm mad, father."

My father looks at me for a second.  I can't really read him at all until a second later when he smiles at me.  He chuckles a tiny bit.

"No, Draco, I do not think you're mad at all.  You have every reason to be taken with y/n.  Her father also told me about how determined and steadfast she is.  She spends some of her free time volunteering at an animal shelter."

"Wow,"  I say.  

"Since you are so taken by her, I will be sending her father a letter shortly to invite the y/l/ns over for dinner and drinks," Father says, standing up again.  "Come along, Draco.  The earlier we leave, the sooner I can send that letter."

I grin at my father and follow him out the door.  I can't wait until that dinner. 

-----

A/n:  This chapter was 998 words long!  Thanks for reading!  More chapters to come!  REQUESTS OPEN!

- Soiea