Polyjuice Potion Pt. 2

Description:  This chapter was requested by draher!

House:  Slytherin

Blood Status:  You Choose

Warnings:  Swearing

-----

Hermione's POV:

"Draco.  For the last time!  Stop bringing that up!  It's really, really annoying!" y/n groans from the Slytherin table.  I've been watching Draco and his gang of Slytherin friends.  Well, especially Draco.  Y/n a bit, too, actually...  It seems as though Draco's a bit hung up on the things I said as y/n the other night.

"Y/n...  I really angered you that night!  You were absolutely fuming!   I've never seen your face look so angry becasue you're always so sweet and gentle...  Please tell me what I should do to make it up to you!  You keep saying that you don't remember or that it's no big deal but something that made you look that hurt and mad must be big!" Draco says, desperate for an answer.

"Draco.  Stop.  This is ridiculous!" y/n hisses, grabbing her bags from the Slytherin table.  "I can't take this.  This is getting to the point that you're almost insufferable!  Stop obsessing over it!"

"But y/n!" he whines. 

"NO!" y/n yells.  "Stop!  Y'know what?  I'm out, Draco.  This isn't working for me.  I can't have a friend who doesn't know when to stop!  I need friends who know their boundaries."

I watch as y/n storms out of the Great Hall, leaving Draco hating himself for letting himself push too hard.  I look towards the door where y/n is leaving.  I see Harry and Ron come in.  I wave them over and they come and sit down opposite me.  

"Good Morning, Hermione," Ron says. He looks up and sees the thought in my eyes.  "What's going on?  You only get that look hen something has happened."

"It's y/n and Malfoy," I say, picking at my plate of eggs.

"What about them?" Harry asks, peering over his shoulder at Draco who's now face down on the table shaking his head, denying he messed up again with y/n.

"I messed stuff up with them, Harry," I admit.

"What do you mean?  You couldn't have done anything to their relationship...," Ron says, confused as always.

"No, Ron.  I did.  It was when we had the polyjuice potion.  I got mad when he said that stuff about muggleborns and death," I say.

"You had every right to be Hermione," Harry chimes in.

"Yeah..  But that face I made and the comments after it.  I guess y/n doesn't usually flare up like that very often, or at least in front of Malfoy. He's been asking about what happened over and over.  Y/n has no recollection of that event becasue it didn't happen to her so it's annoying to her when he brings it up.  Didn't you see y/n storming out of here when you came in?"

The boys nod.

"Y/n just ended their friendship becasue Draco was prying so bad," I say, guilt dripping from my voice.  Ron and Harry gasp.

"I had no idea that that was that bad!" Ron remarks shakily.

"But we can't do anything about it can we?" Harry asks.  A lightbulb pops in my brain just then.

"Harry!  I know what to do!  I'll be back in an hour or two!  I need to go to the owlery before mail arrives!"

~~~~~

Draco's POV:

I can't believe I didn't that.  Now y/n probably won't ever talk to me again.  I'm such a screw up.  Draco Malfoy.  The guy who always screws up a good thing.  I sit alone at the Slytherin table.  All of my friends are in the common room probably playing Exploding Snap tournament style by now.  I look up and see some of the first owls of the mail delivery fly overhead and drop parcels and letters down to the people below.  I watch as an unfamiliar grey owl flies towards me and lands on the desk.  I detach the piece of parchment from its ankle and it flies away.  Who would send me mail like this?  It's not from other.  She would have used her own owl. I unwrap the paper and read the messy handwriting.

Malfoy,

I know what happened with y/n.  You said something about Hermione Granger to her and she got totally angry and stormed out.  The next day she was fine and not angry with you as if she didn't even know what had happened the night before.  She insisted that she was fine and that you two were perfectly good, but you kept pressing until she couldn't stand it.  Now you two are no longer friends.  

My heart sinks at these words.  It's true though.  We aren't.  She said so herself.

The truth is, I want to help you reestablish your friendship with y/n.  I know you like her.  Friendship wise and in an even bigger way, too.

How the hell does this person know about my feelings for y/n?

I cannot meet with you.  All I can do is give you advice.  Y/n is a nice girl.  She's soft and gentle with a good heart.  She cares for you and I know that she doesn't really wanna stop being friends with you.  Show her that you care and that you're sorry with a small, nice gesture.  Show her that she means a lot to you, too.

Best of luck,

Anonymous

Anonymous?  What the fuck?  I set down the parchment. 

"It's worth a shot," I whisper to myself as I dash out of the Great Hall.

~~~~~

I wait patiently for y/n downstairs.  I told Millicent to tell her to come down to the common room at 10:20.  I hear soft steps coming down the stairs and I turn to see y/n.  She's dressed in a simple tee shirt and pyjama bottoms.

"Malfoy," she simply says.  I wince at the sound fo my last name escape her lips with such a harsh tone.  

"Y-Y/n!  I'm so sorry!  I shouldn't have egged you on!  It was wrong of me!  I really miss you y/n!  Please be my friend again!  You were and still are my best friend!  Please, y/n.  You're the only person I really have!" I say desperately.  She looks at me and crosses her arms.  "Can we please talk?  I have butterbeer and I got a fire going... I know you love butterbeer, y/n..."

I see as her eyes soften and she takes a few steps toward me.

"I do love butterbeer," she replies, shrugging.  She walks over to one of the couches and I hand her a bottle.  She undoes the lid and takes a sip.  I sit down across from her and eventually, we're talking to each other as if nothing ever happened.  That's one of the things I love about y/n.  She's forgiving, but most of all, she's amazingly easy to talk with.  I couldn't have asked a better friend.

-----

A/N:  This chapter was 1191 words long!  Thanks so much for 7.5k Reads!  It means so much to me that people have seen these imagines!  Requests are open!  You can message me or comment if you have one!  Thanks again!  More chapters coming soon!  I have, many, many ideas!  See you all later!

- Soiea