First Day

AN: just an important note. I changed the name of the 'bad boy' from Robbie to Dylan. I just liked it more. So if there is any confusion that's the reason ❤️❤️

Olivia's  POV

The beeping of my alarm clock is blaring into my ear from my bedside table. I groan and role over, smashing my palm onto the off button. I look over at the clock on the table and took note of the time. Fuck, I think. Its the first day of my junior year, and I had already pressed the snooze button one too many times. Now I was going to be late!

I jump up from my bed and go to my rickety little dresser, opening the creamy drawers, I pull out a long-sleeved grey t-shirt and black jeans. I quickly slip them on. I'm already starting to sweat through the clothes as the hot end of summer sun beams through my tiny window. The long sleeves are my shield. They protect me from questioning looks and pity. My scars would warrant those types of looks. They are too red and ugly not to be noticed.

I go back to getting dressed. I try to avoid all the bruises from last night. My dad came home drunk and I was still awake finishing up some summer reading. He beat me as usual. Claimed I was waiting up for some boy and that I didn't deserve the roof over my head that he gave me. Honestly, I've just gotten used to it by now. There isn't a lot I can really do, fighting back would just cause him to hit me more. I don't want that. I'm barely standing as it is. So I just close my eyes and pray to whatever is there that he gets bored of causing me pain sooner rather than later.

I sigh and rush downstairs. Quickly grabbing an apple on the way out. I notice my father is passed out on the couch surrounded by whiskey bottles. I smile to myself. I hate dealing with him in the morning. I have less time to cover up bruising. I step outside of our small house and start the long walk to school. My dad and I live on the bad side of town in a small one bedroom house. I sleep in the attic. We have to live off of my wages from the restaurant I work at. Dad refuses to get a job. He says that he's supported me for this long and that now I need to take care of him.

The walk to school is always a little sketchy. The creeps are always waking up and are usually ready to make comments on my body. I usually just have to ignore them and keep walking. They don't usually touch me but I can always feel their lust filled stares.

When I get to my dreary school I find my friend Ashley sitting at our desks in home room. She smiles at me. Ashley is a super pretty girl with dirty brown hair and dark blue eyes. She's super skinny. She also knows how to make anyone smile. She's the sunshine in my day. I sit down next to her.

"Hey girl," I said sitting down next to her.

"Hey you boob, why the hell are you late?!" she replies. I giggle at her insult. She chuckles as well. She looks down at my outfit and her face falls into a frown.

"Girl, it's 90 degrees out. Why're you wearing long sleeves?" She asks pointing down at my grey shirt.

"I thought that the school had AC" I reply looking down into my lap. My answer is bad. She knows I know our school is too cheap for air conditioning. But she lets it slide probably putting it off as me being forgetful.

We chat until the bell rings. To which she stands up and heads to Italian. I myself stand and go to English.

As I enter the English class I smile. My favorite teacher in the entire world is teaching this class. We met last year when she was in charge of a study hall I was in. As I walk in Mrs. Williams,the before mentioned teacher, stands up from her desk, walks up to me, and hugs me.

"Hey, babes," she says, in a motherly way, looking down at me. I smile up at her. She's a tall African American woman with gorgeous brown eyes and a nice smile.

"Hey mom" I whisper as she pulls me into a hug. She squeezes me tightly and I return the favor. That's what I call her. She doesn't mind. And to be honest she's the only mother figure I have. My real mother ran away from us when I was four or something and I have no clue where she is now.

"Take a seat lovey," she says to me and points towards the desks. I make my way to the back corner. Everyone gives me weird looks. They don't understand why I'm so close with Mrs. Williams. She doesn't either but she doesn't have any kids so I don't think she minds.

As I sit in the back and take out my headphones The Smiths There is a Light that Never goes Out begins to play. I smile. This is one of my favorite songs. I let the music over take me and just lean back in to my chair.

The class starts and Mrs. Williams starts to discuss what we're going to be learning throughout the year when the door to the classroom suddenly slams open. In the doorway is Dylan White. He's the 'bad boy' of the school and is also super attractive. He's got light brown hair that is cut short and pretty blue eyes. It's rumored that he's the leader of a gang. One of the most feared gangs in America. I'm not sure if I believe that, but most kids at our school do, that's why he's so feared. He's smirking and he leans against the door frame. Mrs. Williams looks at him. Raising her eyebrows.

"Sorry Mrs, I got lost". He says still smirking. Mrs. Williams just rolls her eyes and looks around the classroom for an empty seat. She spots me and smiles. Grinning at me evilly. I start to shake my head in either direction. She just ignores it though and turns to Dylan.

"Mr. White, please go take a seat next to Miss. Bell". She says looking over in my direction. I let out an annoyed huff at her words. He just smirks and walks towards the back of the class. He slides down into the seat next to me.

"I'm Dylan White". He says

Believe me, I know. I think.