Halloween Party

Olivia's POV

When Dylan and I return to school I got a few odd stares, but not many. Mostly because most of the other girls were wearing next to nothing. I'm not saying what they're doing is bad, it's just not what I'm going to do.

Dylan's arm is slung around my shoulder as we walk into math class. Luckily we're only a few minutes late, and yet everyone's eyes snap to us. I cower behind Dylan a little.

"Why're you two late?" The teacher asks. He's staring me down. His eyes boring into my soul. Dylan clears his throat.

"We went to get Olivia a Halloween costume" he states calmly as if that's some acceptable excuse. Instead of chewing us out Mr. Sherman just nods and turns back to the board. I let out a sigh and we walk over to our seat. After what happened with Travis Dylan won't let anyone else sit next to me.

The next problem is figuring out how to sit down without anyone seeing my underwear I try to cross my legs at first, but I soon realize that if you look up my skirt on the right side you'd be able to see basically everything. I then try to spread my legs and stuff the dress in between them. I turn and see Dylan looking at me weirdly.

"I don't want people looking up my skirt" I whisper to him. He makes an O with his mouth and turns back to writing notes. I blush and turn back to the class.

Finally, lunchtime rolls around. I go to sit at the normal table. It's become normal for the boys to sit with us now so I don't even bat an eye when Dylan plops down into the seat to my right. Julian sits to my left.

"So are you guys going to Sam's Halloween party?" Lee asks looking around the table.

"Who?" Ashley and I ask at the same time. The boys look at us.

"Sam is a guy we work with. Every year he throws a really big Halloween party," Cameron explains. I just nod.

"You girls should come with us," Noah suggests throwing an arm around Ashley's shoulder she blushes, but leans her head against his shoulder.

"Sounds like fun," she says.

"I'll pass, but you guys have fun" I reply. Dylan is giving me a strange look.

"Cmon it'll be fun," he says pushing my shoulder.

"I've never really been to a party" I whisper. Suddenly my nails have become very interesting. The chatter at the table stops.

"Cmon you gotta come" Julian pleads.

"I don't know guys," I say. Still looking at my hands. Dylan puts a finger under my chin and lifts up my head.

"I'll be with you the entire time," he says. So sincerity laced into his voice. I just can't say no to those eyes.

"Promise" I whisper.

"I promise" he replies. And for a moment time stops and it just us. Looking at each other. Memorizing each other's face. I want to tell him to kiss me, but my brain reminds me of how stupid I am to think he could ever like me.

"Aaaaw" I hear Ashley coo, and suddenly we're snapped out of our daze. His hand drops from my chin and I turn so my front is facing the table, blushing.

"Ok," I say.

"What?" Lee asks.

"I'll go to the party" I respond. The table cheers and I let out a sigh.

"Thanks" Dylan whispers into my ear. It's gonna be a long night.

Ashley came to my house after school to get ready. She was already wearing her costume. She was a bee. She decided that for the party she would put her hair in a neat bun at the top of her head. I just left mine in its natural curly state.