Deal

Olivia's POV
After my mother was satisfied with the dress she snapped her fingers and Owen appeared ready to lead me back to the dungeon-like room.

"How'd it go, gorgeous," he asked as soon as the large double doors closed behind us.

"Fine" I snapped. Pulling away. He laughs.

"Aaaw what's wrong sweetheart?" He asks. Moving closer to me. I attempt to shove him away but unfortunately, he's a lot stronger.

"This isn't how it's supposed to be" I cry trying to keep him from approaching. "I'm supposed to marry the man I love. My mother is supposed to help me find a dress and be proud of who I am. My father is supposed to walk me down the aisle. My best friend is supposed to be there smiling and mouthing silly things to try to get me to crack. And the boy that I love is supposed to be standing on the stage. Looking at me like I'm the only woman in the world!" I rant. By the end, I've fully broken down in tears. Owen is still smirking.

"You know I'm the perfect man for yourself," he asks maniacally. I nod. I feel the now usual sting across my face. My hand instinctively goes to my cheek.

"Stop crying, this is your fate. You're mine now and no boyfriend of yours will take that away from me. We're going to rule an empire. So pull yourself together" he demands. This time however I don't give in to his threat. It's all too much so I just let myself cry. I feel another slap but I still don't stop. It's not worth it anymore. A kick to the gut, however, stops me. The breath leaves my body and I find myself gasping. I look up from my crouching position into Owen's eyes. He's still smirking. I can find no remorse in his eyes. Just success. He leans down so that he's level with me.

"Don't defy me." He says. I lower my head in submission. I can still feel his smirking eyes trained on me. He wraps a cold hand around my upper arm and yanks me up.

"Let's go babe" he snickers and I do nothing to argue. I just follow him down the dim hallway to the depressing room I reside in. He opens the door and forces me in. He smirks at me and his gaze falls on Ashley in the corner who cowers away. He snaps his fingers.

"Come on girl. Your turn" he demands.

"I-I can't move," she says. Referring to the chains holding her to the wall. Owen sighs and walks over to her, undoing her chains. She rubs her raw wrists. I cringe at the sight of them. They have large blisters from how hard they've been rubbing against them. Owen grabs one and Ashely screams. Owen just laughs.

"Come on girl" he demands. Yanking her by the forearm. She shoots me a scared look as she's dragged out. I mouth to her that everything will be ok and then the door closes and everything is dark.

I whimper at the absent of light and the fact that I'm all alone with god knows what's in this room. The darkness chokes me. It claws at my exposed skin and leaves me fearful. I can hear a scampering from across the room and I jump. Not sure who I'm sharing this damp dark room with. I just curl myself up and try to imagine I'm not here.

After what feels like hours the door reopens and Ashley is pushed in. I quickly look her over. There is no noticeable bruising, but she looks scared out of her mind. Owen walks her in and chains her back to the wall. He does the same with me.

"I'll see you tomorrow girls" he snickers and walks out of the room.

"Wait Owen" I call to him. He turns before closing the door.

"What?" He asks. Confused. He turns back around to face me.

"What would I have to do for you to let Ashley go?" I ask. Ready to sacrifice everything for my best friend.

"Oliv..." Ashley argues before being cut off by Owen.

"Submit to me fully" he demands quickly and I sigh. Ready to give up anything for the girl chained up next to me.

"Olivia don't. You don't have to" Ashley begs.

"Deal," I say. Owen smirks. He walks back over towards us and I tense up. He walks past me and unchains Ashley. She looks at me.

"Olive don't do this" she cries. I just look down. Averting my gaze to the rocky floor.

In my peripheral vision, I see Owen pulling Ashley out of the darkroom and calling to someone. Soon I can't hear her screams. Owen then walks over to me.

"Look at me" he growls. I comply. Not wanting to break the deal while Ashley is still in the house. He smirks at my compliance. He leans over so that our faces are right in front of each other.

"Kiss me" he smirks. I gulp. Not wanting his slimy mouth on mine, but knowing why I agreed to for Ashley's safety. I lean in slowly and kiss his cold lips softly. Owen grabs the back of my head and forces me to kiss him harder. His crusty lips attacking my own chapped ones. I let the tears fall. He pulls back and takes a finger to wipe the tears. He then leaves. Shutting the door behind him without a word. I just cry.