Mall

Currently in school and I'm bored af. So enjoy the spawn of my boredom.

Olivia's POV
When uncle David and I reach the house he steps out of the car and I follow him. It's a nice house. Kinda small. But David doesn't have any use for a big one. He's been single for as long as I can remember. I should try to get him a date.

"Unpack kiddo. I'll make dinner" David just says. I nod and make my way upstairs to the extra bedroom. It's small with a queen size bed in the corner with a purple comforter. A small closet is opposite the door. And another door is next to it which leads to a bathroom.

I start putting my clothes in the closet. My phones buzzed and I walk over to the wall where it's plugged in. It's a text from Ashley.

Ashley: hey girl, hope you got home safe. Wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me tomorrow. Love you <3

Olivia: sure. Lemme just ask David. Luv you too

I shut my phone off and run down the stairs. Uncle David is stirring a pot on the stove.

"Hey, hun. Are you ready for dinner?" He asks. I nod and skip over to the table. He ladles some pasta into my bowl as well as some cheese sauce. He's a chef so it's all really good.

"Can I go with Ashley to the mall tomorrow?" I ask him with a mouthful of noodles.

"Don't talk with your mouth full. And yea. I don't see why not. You just have to be safe about your health. Try not to do anything too stressful" he says while pointing his spoon at me. I nod and smile at him. Then run up to my room to text Ashley the good news.

When I get up to my room I see that I have a few new messages from Ashley, Dylan, and Noah. I read the one from Ashley first.

Ashley: I thought maybe we could bring the boys.

Olivia: yea sure. Btw I can come.

Then Dylan's

Dylan: hey Liv

Olivia: hey :)

Finally Noah's. He just sent a picture of me fast asleep in the hospital bed with Dylan laying next to me. I don't remember this. It's probably from before I woke up. As I'm looking at the picture I feel the blush creep up my cheeks. I shake it off and text him a smiley emoji

I then open up my closet and go to my favorite hoodie. This hoodie holds a lot of memories and secrets. The biggest one is the item that lies in the pocket.

Self-harm.
I reach into the pocket and pull out my blade. It holds so much of my pain. I look at the small blade and sigh. I take the cool metal to my wrist and I exhale as I feel the stinging sensation. I keep cutting not looking at where. It doesn't even matter anymore. I look down at my now red wrists. They're covered in scars. More then I can count. Some of them are self-administered. Others are from my so-called dad.
Done
I put the blade in the pocket of my hoodie, and go over to the sink to rinse off the flowing blood.

When I'm finished I grab the bandaids. I really like these ones. They have Shakespeare insults on them. They make me laugh. I put them on my cuts with some antiseptic which stings when I place it on the wound.

"Hey Olive. Come say goodnight!" David calls up. I laugh. I'm not used to someone wanting me to say goodnight to them. I'm not used to someone caring. And it feels good.

I walk downstairs and see David sitting in his chair watching football. I hug him.

"Goodnight uncle". I whisper. I stand up and he flashes me a smile. He puts his hand on my shoulder.