Problem

Dylan's  POV
Throughout English, I keep looking at Olivia. She's smiling about the book we're reading. It's called A Brave New World and I know that she's been enjoying it because she never shuts up about it. I love it when she gets all nerdy. It's absolutely adorable, but I keep thinking about her scared wrist.

"Dylan, would you mind telling me the symbolism of sexual relations in the book?" Ms. Williams asks me. I tear mine have from the girl next to me to find that out teacher is smirking at me.

"Um," I stutter trying to come up with a bullshit answer. I haven't actually read the book. In my peripheral vision, I see a slip of paper being pushed in front of me. I look down and see the answer written down on a piece of paper.

"The expendability of a woman in their society" I state and Ms. Williams winks at me.

"Very good Dylan," she says and turns to her next victim. I turn to face Olivia.

"Thanks" I whisper into her ear and she shivers. I smirk at the effect I have on her. She turns to me and smacks my arm.

"Read the book, Dylan White," she says threateningly. Pointing a pencil in my direction. I place my hand dramatically over my heart.

"The full name. That hurts babe" I say. Smirking. She blushes at her nickname.

"Yes. It's a good book, Dylan. You should read it" she persists and I sigh.

"I don't like reading Liv" I sigh at her again and she huffs and leans back into her chair. I look down at her frown and my heart melts.

"Fine. I'll try" I promise and she perks up and looks at me smiling. We spend the rest of the class with our hands intertwined and smiles on our faces. I'm glad we can act normal. I know that she's getting better. And I know that I'll never judge her or let her hurt herself again.

We got to math and took our usual spot. The new teacher walked in and I smiled. I knew this man. Well, he worked for me. Olivia turned to me.

"Where's Mr. Sheppard?" She asks me and I frown.

"He resigned. Didn't you hear?" I say. Not completely lying. She shook her head and the new teacher introduced himself. As soon as he started to hand out our daily worksheet the intercom stuttered to life.

"I need to see Dylan White in the office please" the secretary Mrs. Shneed called down. The 'teacher' looked at me and I shrugged. I started grabbing my things when Olivia's small hand grabbed my own.

"Where are you going," she asked. She had a cute little frown on her face and I smile at her.

"Office probably" I respond and she cocks an eyebrow at me.

"What'd you do?" She asks. I laugh. She, however, does not look amused.

"Nothing that I know of," I say. She looks at me l, not convinced. "I'll be right back" I assure her and kiss the top of her head before leaving the classroom and taking the familiar trip down to the office. Once I get there Mrs. Shneed is smiling at me.

"Hello Dylan, long time no see" she laughs. I haven't been getting into as much trouble since Olivia came into my life. I just smile back, but my face falls when I see a distressed looking Toby sitting in the uncomfortably padded chairs.

"Your brother is here to see you," Mrs. Shneed says pointing towards Toby. I walk over to him.

"What's up, man?" I ask. Sitting next to him. When he looks at me he's pale and his eyes are bloodshot.

"We've got a problem"

Finally getting interesting, guys. OMG 9k in a day (rhymes) that's crazy my dudes. Thank you so much. Special shoutout to IainY0 he's actually my boyfriend. So I'm sending my love. Thanks for the support baby