Chapter 22

|Nikita|

It was match day. The crowd was filled with thousands of people screaming on the top of their lungs just to see India win. It was first Odi of the series. The players headed back to the dressing room as the toss was about to happen.

I don't know why i was nervous. I mean i just have to sit here and watch it but still my heart was beating faster every second. It was the first time i was watching any match live. Panda do forced me a lot to come and see it but i couldn't due to my work but this time it was for Virat. It was some unusual feeling to see him play live. His words echoed in my mind when he said 'I want you there when i score big'.

The time passed and I saw Virat coming in the stadium for toss. I couldn't help but stare at him. The 18 numbered jersey. How much emotions were attached with that number. My smile was not leaving from my face to see my man in front of me. It's such a feeling beyond explanation

Did i just said 'My man'?

Unfortunately he's not mine!

"Babe! Bas ab khayegi kya Virat ko?" Rits clicked fingers in front of me and i chuckled coz i was constantly looking at him.

We were sitting in the Vip box as i saw loud cheers when we won the toss and Virat decided to bowl first.

I have never been so much excited for cricket than today or i would say to see Virat batting in front of me. Honestly i don't even watch cricket that often. I remember Panda and i always used to fight on this as i never came to see him play live.

But this time i wanted to, i wanted to see Virat score big coz i knew how much he wanted to.

The match started pretty well as we got early wickets. I've never observed Virat so much carefully. His eyes shows it right away how passionate he is. Everytime someone goes out his expression were worth to watch.  His anger shows how much he's involved and serious for this. After all it isn't easy to be the Indian Captain.

Time flewed and 1 st innings was already over. The score was 235 all out. The bowlers settled it quite well.

I saw the players were heading back to pavilion as it was innings break. I wanted to meet him but i thought he might be busy in discussing something with the players and he should rest for a while so i decided to wait until match is over.

I was talking with the girls when my phone beeped with a message. A smile automatically crept on my face to see it was from Virat.

Vee❤:
Come outside the dressing room! Right now!

Is he sitting in my mind and reading all my thoughts?

I excused myself from the girls and went where he called me. I saw he was standing facing back so i went and tapped on his shoulder. He turned and his face lightened up seeing me.

And mine seeing him!

"So are you enjoying the match?" He asked pulling me closer tucking the strands of my hair behind the ear.

"Yes but i am waiting for you to perform" I smiled.

"Ooh! Even i am so excited to bat in front of you! I just wanted to see you before going back to the field" He said looking straight away in my eyes.

"All the best Vee!" I hugged him.

"Aah! Now that's what i needed" He said hugging me back tightly.

"Will meet you after match have to go now!" He said kissing my forehead and i smiled looking down.

I came back and sat while the girls checked me out as if i had done a crime.