Chapter 44

|Writer's POV|

After a year....

"One more!" Virat asked for yet another shot after banging the empty one on the counter.

It was 1 in midnight and the bar had almost been emptied but who cared, all he wanted was to drink until dead.

A year had passed without her. A year without seeing her beautiful face. He wondered does she smile the same way she used too? Does she still gets cranky when her kitchen is not clean?Does she still love him and misses him as much as he was missing her? He didn't knew where she was, how she was doing and most importantly was she good without him?

The thoughts which ruined him badly, made him a drunk insomniac who was on the edge of losing his career.

No one had ever imagined Virat like this. No wonder his health descended drastically in respect to which BCCI gave him last warning that if he didn't perform his best in tomorrow's match then this might be the last match of his career.

But did he gave a fuck? Well No!

The time when he should rather sleep to his bed to perform good in the match, he was in the bar drinking vodka shots endlessly.

Hardik didn't told him anything about her. Everytime he saw Virat's condition he wanted to tell him where she was but something stopped him but today he decided to change his mind. He knew Virat was drowning in alcohol. Every single day some new news would pop out in media against him seeing which his family member's were also worried. It was long time Virat didn't even went to his home coz he knew his mom would cry seeing him like this but when you are Virat Kohli, the news automatically spreads in every corner of the world.

"Sir bar is closed now I think you should leave sir!" The bartender gulped down in fear before saying this.

Virat's eyes were bloodshot red. He was not even in a state to stand up from his seat and even if he would have he knew he would fall.

"Virat Kohli is my name! Don't fucking dare to tell me when should i leave! Just give me the shot!" He banged his fist on the table giving the guy death glares.

Bartender did the same. Who would dare to to go against frustated Virat?

Hardik knew he would be here only coz it had become a habit of every night when he'll come and just drink his heart out and knowing that nobody could handle him in this situation Hardik immediately went there.

"Virat! Phir se?" He snatched the shot from his hand and dragged him outside in the open.

"Don't sto-op me! Pandyaaa! Let me drink!" He fell down on the grass looking up at the sky.

Hardik sat down besides him.

"I miss her! I fucking miss her hardik! One year and i haven't seen her but still i know how wide her smile gets, how red she gets whenever i complimented her. Ahhh! I miss every inch of her. I have no reason to live. No escape i could find to go away from her, let me drink and die this is all i could do now." He continued murmuring just like every night  looking at sky taking out all he was having in his heart.

"What should i do? Am finished!" He spoke not to tell Hardik but in a state which he was, this all came out as a blurt.

Hardik's patience was now over. He knew he too was to blame for this condition of Virat may be a little but he was.