Chapter 42

| Writer's POV|

Three months had passed and they were no less than a disaster for Virat. Since the day he got to know the truth he has been just surviving the days without her. When he didn't knew the truth then also there wasn't a day when he hadn't thought about her may be out of anger but still not even for a second she left his mind and now when he realized what he did to her he was dying from inside of guilt for leaving his girl like this, for letting his girl down. Only he knew how he survived these 3 months yet won the series coz he couldn't let his personal life damage his professional one. After all if Nikita was his life then Cricket was his passion. Finally 3 months were over and only one thing was in his mind to get back to Niki coz he knew his life would be nothing without her.

Hardik and Virat reached Mumbai heading to niki's apartment . Virat was scared to face her alone. He didn't knew how would she react. Will she forgive him or would she never want to see his face again. For the first time ever fearless Virat Kohli was scared of something. These thoughts were enough to ruin his mind and therefore taking Hardik along him was important, may be he could handle the situation a little better than two people who were in love yet not together.

They reached outside her house and Virat was shivering, his legs were finding difficult to stood upon. For a moment he felt he couldn't do this. To face the same girl on whom he shouted some months back but he had to do this. He can't afford to lose her.

He moved towards the door step by step nervously and stopped suddenly. Door was locked. He froze right at the spot exchanging looks with Hardik. Numerous questions overtook his mind within a second. Where was she? Was she okay? But why wasn't she here? His eyes could cry anytime. In 3 months he had been dying to see her face, craving for her touch. All he wanted to do was to bend on his knees and tell her how wrong he was in not trusting her but she wasn't here.

He immediately ran to the courtyard remembering there was always a spare key hidden inside the mailbox and may be he could get any info from inside about her. But to his surprise instead of key there was a letter. He took it out with a confused yet worried look and read it. It was the same letter Niki had kept before leaving from here spilling out all her emotions in that one letter. He read it in one go and that's it he couldn't hate himself more.

He fell down sitting on his knees and cried while reading that letter over and over again. Hardik came running and held him trying to console but that was of no use. She had left without telling anyone and it was all because of him. He thought he almost lost her. He would never ever be able to forgive himself . Reading that letter again and again to find any clue he could get about where was she but there was none. Hardik tried calling her million times but no response. If she could go from here then obviously she had changed her number also. He asked Hardik what to do now? Where to find her?

He couldn't just sit here like this letting her go and live in guilt the entire life. Nothing came to his mind nothing, he called her manager, her assistant but no one knew where she was and even if they knew they weren't ready to tell him. All they told him that niki was no more into modelling now. This thing made Virat a little shocked. She left modelling but that was her passion then why? But this was the least concerned topic for now. His first priority was to find where was she. One thing that caught his attention from the letter was the line

''Something big happened in my life that made me took a decision to move from here"

He kept on thinking what can be the situation that she moved from here without telling anyone. But his mind was blank to think of anything. All he could think was how to be with her. He couldn't let her go like this for sure.