Chapter 35

|Nikita|

My sleep got broken after the continous ringing of alarm. I stood up taking support of the bedside.

"Here's your tea niks" Anusha came holding tray in her hand.

"Any message or call from Virat?" This had become a habit of mine.

First question i used to ask her in morning and the reply was same. It's been only a week and i was already missing him.

"Doctor will be coming for your regular check up! So after having tea just freshen up!" She said changing the topic.

"Anu? Will he ever come back to me?" I asked with a hope glittered in my eyes.

"Niks! You have to take medicine after an hour! Am keeping it here!" She said totally avoiding me and pretending to search something from the box.

"Why are you ignoring my questions Anusha!" I snatched the box from her hand making her look at me.

"Coz you are asking baseless questions! It's been more than a week that guy didn't even tried to talk to you! I hate him niks for what he did to you and apart from all this you are carrying his child!" She bursted out in anger.

"I know what he did broke me deep from inside but i love him! I miss him every second of my life. And it's my child too not only his. Carrying this child reminds me of him, our memories" I couldn't control my tears.

"I understand you niks but do you even know headlines of fashion column? You haven't stepped outside just for a week and the media is going mad wondering why are you cancelling everything. I don't know how you're gonna stay 9 months here!" She handed me the newspapers.

I looked at her with a fear in my eyes opening the fashion page and the front page headlines were enough to ruin my morning.

Fashion diva Nikita Sinha rejected the most awaited hollywood project!

Model of the year cancelled all the brand shoots leaving everyone in shock!

Looks like fashion icon has escaped somewhere!

I knew it! This was going to happen. Consequences of being in this industry where people keep eyes on your every single move.

I threw newspapers in air and buried myself in pillow screaming aloud taking out the frustation.

"I can't shut their mouth anyhow! It's better to not look at all this else it'll start bothering me" I looked up at her.

"Till when will you ignore this niks? Media will come outside your house then? What will you do? This is all because of Virat!" She looked at me with those deadly expressions.

"I am out of thoughts and i really don't care about this, for now the important thing for me is to find the actual reason behind all this" I said narrowing my eyebrows.

I was constantly thinking about what made Virat to doubt on me. I knew someone took advantage of his anger that made him do so.

"Fine! So Let's recall that day!" Suddenly she became like a detective.

"Okay! So i remember Virat doubted on my character and shouted at me for cheating on him to just enter in a project but surprisingly i didn't even told him about all this as i wanted to tell him after my selection in it" Goosebumps arose as i recalled the worst moment of my life.