Chapter 43

|Nikita|

After 9 months....

"Is it a dream? My hands are shaking while writing this. 9 months Virat! Just a day or two more and our child will be in this world. This child being the soul reason of how i survived these months without you. Where are you? Are you fine? Coz i am not! I am terrified; my heart is thumping loud with every passing minute. I can't believe you are still not here. You have hurt me and still i can't hate you. Every time i remember the day you left, my mind want to curse you for that Virat! But my heart? My heart doesn't allow me! Your face flashes in front of me with those twinkling eyes melting me within a second. Your eyes Virat, i should have known from the moment i saw your eyes they were deep as an ocean , full of wisdom; they chained me in love and burned like hell, your eyes were what i loved and feared the most. I wish there were more hours in a day to love you but less of those hours where i'm missing you. I guess this might be the last letter am writing to you which eventually be going in the drafts but still it'll be last one. Coz after this i won't be just a girl i'll be a mother and you are gonna be father which i don't know you'll ever find out or not. I have no idea what am gonna do and how the things are gonna be after this. Just one thing was constant in all this chaos, that was my love for you! I love you Virat!"

I shut the laptop as my whole body started sweating. Doctor just left saying that the expected delivery would be anytime this week.

I have been crying and crying since morning for no specific reason. In all these months i had been waiting for Virat but today i was missing him real bad.

Moreover i hadn't even seen Virat playing a single match; no news of him. All that i knew he was ruled out for a series but after that also his health doesn't allowed him to play. And i couldn't figure out why? A guy like him who was fully dedicated towards his one and only passion, was nowhere seen in the matches. That was definitely some serious issue.

While today i felt the need to call Hardik once for the last time to tell him where i was. He was my best friend and he has nothing to do with what happened between me and Virat so why should he be the one to suffer? And after this god knows how things are gonna be. I don't have to regret it later of not telling him. Honestly the precise reason to call him was Virat. I wanted to know if he was fine or not coz i was feeling something wrong. He has never been out of cricket for so long. I had controlled myself for months without a single news of how hehad lived in all this time. Once our child will be in this world; i don't know how i would tackle things.

I came outside and called him with trembling hands coz i didn't knew what would be his reaction. Obviously who wouldn't be mad but today i had gathered all the courage to call him.

I dialled his number gulping down the fear.

My heart beat getting faster with every passing second.

That's it! He picked up!

"Hello!" After 9 long months i heard his voice.

I pressed my lips tightly to control the emotions which could flow anytime.

"Panda?" That's all i could say.

I knew he might be shocked.

"Niki........ Niki it's you! Damn it! You are alive!! Where the hell are you?" I could imagine his facial expressions; he was confused, shocked and worried would be an understatement to this.