Chapter 38

|Virat|

"Cheeku! Why did you cursed the bowler?" Rohit chuckled a bit as we were in our dressing room celebrating another win.

"Saale ne 99 pe out kar dia! Gussa nahi aayega kya!" I scoffed sitting at the corner while all others were dancing their asses out.

I didn't feel like doing anything. It felt i was just surviving but dead inside. I hate the fact i was still thinking about her. I knew my aggression on field was mainly due to her but i was helpless. My anger was one thing that was not in my control even if i want it to.

"I know that! But your anger was not only because you got out you know it very well." Ro raised his eyebrows knowing the exact reason.

Bloody mind reader!

"Stop interrogating me!" I showed him the middle finger.

These days i myself was not able to understand my own behavior. I would fight with my own team mates and they being so much understanding never created any issue of this.

"Pandya is back i think you should tell him everything" Ro being a true friend never felt offended of my stupid scoldings.

"You are right! I can't take this burden all over me! After all he should also know about his so called best friend!" I huffed remembering what she did.

"Don't be so sure Virat! You don't even have any proof if you are right or not." I hate when he doubts on me.

"I can never be wrong on this!" I stood up in order to leave for the hotel.

After an hour...

We reached the hotel and i straight away headed to my room freshening up i just threw myself on the bed stretching my arms due to extreme tiredness when someone knocked the door.

I stood up to see it was Pandya! I was about to go to him only and he came here.

"Hey! Bro! What's up! Hows Niki?" For heaven sake don't ask me this question.

"You better know she's your best friend" I sat on the couch and he followed me.

"It's been long i haven't talked to her. After this series i'll surely meet her with you." He smiled making me more frustrated.

"We are not together!" I spoke out of a sudden.

"What?" His eyes widened.

"She cheated on me!" I clenched my fists to control the anger.

"What are you talking about Virat!" He turned into a angry young man.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes for a while to calm myself down and then started explaining from the start what all happened between us leading to this where we aren't together. All i could see was Pandya's face lit up in anger like he would break anything that would come in front of him. God i never saw this side of him.

"Are you mad Virat? How can you even have this thought that she would cheat on you! I mean seriously don't you have that much faith in her! I can't believe you Virat am sorry but this wasn't expected from you" He lowered his head down in utter disappointment controlling his anger which was clearly visible from his face.

"I've heard every single convo of her. Don't take her side now. She fucking cheated on me just to enter in a project." I banged my fist on the table.

"Are you out of your mind! Have you really lost it? I know her since our college days! I know her better than herself! She loved you Virat! Wait not loved she loves you! She has never been indulged in any such thing since she stepped in this career! And you just pointed out on her character! How could you Virat! How could you!" He was almost there to grab my collar but stopped.

"Do you even have seen something what you are rubbishing about" He threw his hands in air to prove his point.

"No! But i heard her voice" I don't know why but my tone lowered down at his question.

"Did you let her speak in defense?" He raised his eyebrows noticing how few minutes before i was shouting and now i was barely finding any words to speak.

"No! I was too angry to listen aything!" I looked down not being able to meet his eyes.

May be i should have listened to her once.

But why the fuck i was realizing it now?

"Wow Virat! You didn't let her speak, you didn't trusted her,  you blamed on her, you doubted on her and eventually you just left her!" He literally counted on his fingers.

"I don't know! Then what was that i heard?" I asked not knowing what to say.

"How would i know! You should have asked her! All that i know is Niki can't cheat on you! And am going to find out who did this taking advantage of your anger and surprisingly you let him do so!" He said crossing his arms over chest.

"Do whatever you want Hardik! I am already done with this! By the way how will you do this we are here for two more months until series is over" I asked in curiosity.

"That i'll figure out! But Virat for a minute just calm down, close your eyes and think about her for a while! And tell me do you really really think she will do this." He said in his deep voice and he  just made me doubt on myself.

I did as he instructed and my inner voice said "No" but i didn't spoke a word in front of him.

I guess he already figured out what my mind said and smiled at me making me look everywhere but him.

"Do you know with whom she was having shoot?" Thankgod he didn't stretched that topic further.

"Umm no!" I started biting my nails out of curiosity.

"Fine i'll find out and i promise you Virat before next match i'll prove you were wrong in not trusting her!" He said with so much confidence and left from there leaving me in my thoughts.

I don't know what just happened. Till now i was so confident that i wasn't  wrong in blaming her. She was the reason that our relation got ruined but today Hardik's words just made me to rethink. My heart said she couldn't do this but mind already decided that she did. May be i was calm today and that's why his words made sense while that day i wasn't even ready to listen to her. Now all i was thinking about how he'll find truth. What if he's right and it isn't like this i thought off and i just jumped to a conclusion of ending everything with her. What if Nikita was all innocent in this? I would be more than happy but i don't think i'll be able to forgive myself then.

Sorry for the long wait but am not able to write these days due to various reasons.

I hope the book isn't going shit and making some sense.